PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an AGM battery for the right compartment under the hood of my 2014 Ranger 800 Crew. It appears there are slots on each side of the tub area. Were these used for the original battery hold-downs? If so, can anyone advise which parts to locate/order for this? Otherwise, what methods have you guys used to hold down a battery in this location? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like a rubber strap was used when the batteries were originally put in this location. I was able to locate the strap but couldn't identify the hooks that were used on the end. I had an unused battery box in my shop, so I borrowed the strap and brackets from it. Worked out just fine and installed in minutes.

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intake?

I ran 4 gauge wires from the primary battery. Negatives are connected at the terminals. Positive runs to the voltage sensing battery isolator, then to the auxiliary battery. This battery will be used for the winch and accessories (fuse box to be installed later).

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Use the starter side for acc also. Manual switch for testing the starter. Miss a push or pull start if all else fails....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts