PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody, new to the forum, but I'm loving it so far!
I've read through a few of the other posts of people having issues with the AWD engaging, and I haven't had the luck I was hoping for one of those answers to work for me. That being said, here's my issue.
I have a Ranger 800 XP, 2010 model. When I click the AWD button on, the amber light comes on, but the front diff doesn't engage. I don't hear the solenoid, and it definately doesn't turn the wheels as I slip around in the snow right now. The rear wheels both engage by the way, in 2 lock and when I put the AWD in...
I've checked the fuses, even swapped the bigger ones around like another post won the battle with, but nothing is working for me thus far.
It's a tight fit down around the differential, but from what i've found there aren't any worn or broken wires.
Any other ideas would be helpful, and even if you wanna tell me to check soemthing i've mentioned already, I'll do it again too! Thanks in advance.

·
6,994 Posts
Hi Everybody, new to the forum, but I'm loving it so far!
I've read through a few of the other posts of people having issues with the AWD engaging, and I haven't had the luck I was hoping for one of those answers to work for me. That being said, here's my issue.
I have a Ranger 800 XP, 2010 model. When I click the AWD button on, the amber light comes on, but the front diff doesn't engage. I don't hear the solenoid, and it definately doesn't turn the wheels as I slip around in the snow right now. The rear wheels both engage by the way, in 2 lock and when I put the AWD in...
I've checked the fuses, even swapped the bigger ones around like another post won the battle with, but nothing is working for me thus far.
It's a tight fit down around the differential, but from what i've found there aren't any worn or broken wires.
Any other ideas would be helpful, and even if you wanna tell me to check soemthing i've mentioned already, I'll do it again too! Thanks in advance.
Welcome kil.dump the fluid in the front differential and check for chunks...Could be the roll cage broken in the diff..Rule it out and be on the safe side.....

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
sounds like it got water in it T&S do what kris says first could be armature T&S

·
Registered
762 Posts
If fluid has moiture - water in it and has frozen, it won't engage. Like they said above, drain fluids and check for any sign of moisture, soft or hard.

·
Super Moderator
6,922 Posts
Good suggestions above but you also need to check the coil in the front gear case as well as making sure it's getting power.

There is no solenoid in the front gear case, you will not hear a click.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts