PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Axle angle measurements

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kudidl 
#1 · (Edited)
2015 XP900
3" SATV lift
shock springs at full compression and shocks mounted on the inner mounting hole of the lift bracket.
machine sitting on the ground
LF 17* degrees
RF 16*
LR 20*
RR 21*
Jacked off the ground at full droop
LF 25*
RF 23*
LR 27*
RR 28*
anybody see anything out of whack???
no noise, no binding
I'm going to measures my sons 2010 XP800 in the same conditions. It also has the SATV 3" lift and both machines have 26" Bighorns on 12" ITP wheels.
checked it yesterday sitting on the ground and its angles are more extreme.
Im assuming there is a difference in the way the machines are built.
anyone know their axle angles and are you having any issues?
trying not to break and buy axles or cv's.

See less See more
#2 ·
I,ve heard on here that 3 inch lift will require new axles T&S

#5 ·
My opinion could only be based on the way you ride and the terrain on which you do so. Realistically the angles aren't that bad except around full drop, so if you ride hard and use the full range of the suspension often then sooner or later I'd plan on the joints failing. Just tooling around the farm, however, I would expect you'd go a ways without a problem.

#6 ·
I'm one of those that typically recommend staying with a 2" lift or less. I won't say that you "HAVE" to upgrade axles when you get into the 3"+ lifts, but you definitely need to be easier on the skinny pedal when running stock axles/CV's.

#7 ·
Yeah thanks
I didn't measure the ranger before install so Im not sure how much actual lift there is and I also didn't measure the axle angle before the lift. Most riding is not aggressive unless pulling a load like a trailer or when being used hunting when it gets a good work out.
I wonder why the 2010xp has so much more angle? I'll see if I can measure it today.

#9 ·
From what you say I would expect no problems with them for a while. One thing that will be in your favor are the tires, although heavier than stock there will still be a lot less rotational mass than had you gone with taller ones causing more stress. An experiment you and you boy could try sometime is both go for a ride together down a road and back at higher speed, then stop and feel the difference in heat on the rear inner cups between the two rigs. Personally, if they're too hot to touch then I'd be looking for better axles in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.