PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just was out cutting some brush and was headed back the homestead. I proceeded forward like fifty feet and a wider place in the trail had a steep slope to the right I pulled to the right and clicked from turf mode to posiRear mode and then turned back left up the slope onto the road and clicked back into turf mode and gave it gas. The engine just revved. Back to rear wheel posi I had power. I stopped and the right rear axle had popped out of the tranny housing. I thought that the infamous turf mode reverse gear had busted.
I drive slower then granny SO why would this pop out when making my turn ???? Ive turned there 40 times. Now the splines have rubbed on the tranny housing on my way back. Is the Axle toast ?? Or just lube it and try to slam it back in?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I would just clean it all up good and grease it and make sure the keeper ring is on the axle and slide it back in and keep an eye on it.
It was probably coincidence that it popped out there. Most likely it worked itself out slowly and just happened to do it there.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There tore it down and back togeather. There I'm a Master Tec now, just don't ask me any transmission, engine, electrical or how to change wheel bearings !!!
Thanks for the reply. Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Rim Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to replace the two bolts that hold the rear brake caliper in place.
Any idea a Polaris part number for these ??
The bolt uses a 15mm wrench and the neck is 3/4" long. Head says 8.8
Or try a standard metric bolt form the hardware.
Hand tool Finger Crankset Wrench Household hardware

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'd like to replace the two bolts that hold the rear brake caliper in place.
Any idea a Polaris part number for these ??
The bolt uses a 15mm wrench and the neck is 3/4" long. Head says 8.8
Or try a standard metric bolt form the hardware. View attachment 138362
Why are you wanting to replace them? Maybe I overlooks. Add some loctite and torque the factory bolts to spec.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate to say there Stroke.
The bottom bolt. Well I turned it the wrong direction some...I know. Stupid.

Reactions: Stroke250
1 - 8 of 8 Posts