PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ranger XP900 with Backwoods Armor forward arched a-arms with built in 2" lift. I have a lift kit to put on and would like to put on a set of 31 inch outlaws. Which axles should I use. Is the Gorilla axle my best choice or something else like the outlaw brand? Also what about a clutch as I am still runniing everything factory. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think most will tell you first try Rhinos. If you want one that is difficult to destroy buy Turners axles which are high$$$. As for the clutch i can't help you there, others will though. 31 inch tires and abuse will break more than axles though, no if but likely when. The front diff isn't that strong and the reverse chain is even weaker. Steering stops will probably help you as well.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I went with Rhinos all the way around on my set up. I still have stock tires till they wear out then 29 inch Big Horns from then on.
Clutch I am leaning toward a duraclutch for my use of the Ranger.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I should have mentioned I went with Rhinos.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My vote is for turner eagle axles - pretty much same price as gorillas but Im running 32s and planning to put 34s on soon - rhinos are probably good for 31s without too much abuse.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have outlaw dht's and not had a problem out of mine. No boot problems like the rhinos

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have been running rhinos for a while 500 miles. No boot problems. I ride very slow in rough terrain. I will buy again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have all 4 rhinos and backwoods armor foward arched arms with 2" lift and run 30" roctanes in 14" wheels. Went with dalton springs for the clutch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ive had this clicking noise going on for a while and haven't been able to figure it out.... Tonight I put the machine on jack stands and let it idle in high with wheels off the ground. Left axle hops a bit... not noticeable on the other side of machine..... Does this mean that my CV joint is toast ??? Where is the best place to get axles in Canada ??? And what brand ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts