PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to save a few bucks I ordered my roof and windshield 3 weeks ago so I would have it for my trip were taking this weekend. A week after I ordered it I got a call and said that I would be charged an additional amount for oversized shipping and It still had not shipped. Called today to check on the status since I hadnt seen an email or anything. They still havent ordered it!!!! So once again another 2 to 6 days for them to get it then 3 days for me to get it. Not to mention customer service is awful as well. I expressed my feelings toward the issue calmly on all they could say is your SOL. REALLY!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
If its on your credit card, then phone your card company and refute the charges.. Simply say you haven't received the item and spoke with the retailer and it hasn't been shipped yet. 3 weeks to ship an item is completely unacceptable and you no longer want the item.

The credit card company will reverse the charges immediately and contact the retailer to let them know.

I have had to do this with a couple of online companies over the years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Logan, I had the same story to tell just a few weeks ago. I even posted a thread on the issues I had with Babbitts. I did finally get all of the items that I ordered but it was over a month from the time I ordered. Also I bet that your credit card got charged the same time as you ordered. I would recommend that anyone wanting to order accessories for their Ranger avoid Babbitts and use one of the PRC sponsors. You might think you are saving a little money but it will usually cost you in end. I have learned my lesson!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank's for the info, I was getting ready to order my cab stuff from them, just to save a few bucks. Guess I'll pay the extra for prompt service. 8)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have you looked at http://www.donwoodpolaris.com/? I ordered an entire cab system from them. Came pretty fast by truck. Even with shipping it was less expensive compared to babbitts. But, make note all the items are still in the boxes as I am waiting for my new ranger to be fixed. But that is another post. I am trusting everything is correct.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My cousin had the same problem with a top and windshield order. They told him he would need to pay extra for shipping and he told them he would just refuse to accept the shipment and deny the credit card charge, and he wasn't paying any more for shipping since he ordered on their web site and it automatically adds up the shipping and he was sure that this wasn't the first top and windshield someone had ordered from them. The lady put him on hold for a long time and when she came back she told him they would ship it at the original charge. He received the items within a few days. It is just set up to be a bait and switch routine. Most people just pay the extra profit for them and let it go.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I suggest you find some good folks to deal with that will tell you up front and not hold you up! There are several PRC sponsors here, but I would say my dealings with Chris Ball, Ball Equipment has the been best ever to deal with. Give him call! Good Folks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know they aren't a sponser but I will only buy from Rocky Mountain ATV. I order my complete cab (roof, windshield and back panel) and had it at my doorstep the next day. Less than 24hours. Shipping was free. And when I changed my mind about the fixed windshield and wanted to exchange it for the tip out windshield they paid for the return shipping. I will always do business with Rocky Mountain atv because their customer service and shipping is so incredible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the response guys. I called up one of our local dealers and told him my issues so he priced matched babbits on the top and half windshield. Pick it up Thursday. Now Ive got to get the dang thing back from the shop over this dang speed sensor.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
You guys need to check out Fix My Toys/Ball Equipment. Chris Ball is great to deal with, has great prices and freest service! And he is a sponsor.

·
Registered
304 Posts
carnivore said:
You guys need to check out Fix My Toys/Ball Equipment. Chris Ball is great to deal with, has great prices and freest service! And he is a sponsor.
Don't waste your time calling anyone but Chris! One phone call does it all!!!

·
PRC Sponsor
1,012 Posts
SMiller said:
carnivore said:
You guys need to check out Fix My Toys/Ball Equipment. Chris Ball is great to deal with, has great prices and great service! And he is a sponsor.
Don't waste your time calling anyone but Chris! One phone call does it all!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys.... as mentioned feel free to give me a call for a fair deal on any parts/accessories. Also, stay tuned for the launch of our new website www.fixmypolaris.com very very soon ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got a top with a seal kit, and a rear window from babbits. It did take 11 business days, and I did have to pay extra shipping. But shipping charges were still in line with shipping for 2 oversize boxes. I'm happy with the purchase.
I did look at don woods, after I already ordered & read this thread, I could have saved about 50 bucks going through them. Not sure if they would be any faster though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After initially waiting 3 weeks i called the dealer and had it in 3 days. Never again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts