PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mounted a 4 " monitor screen in the recess compartment above the light/4WD switches, but it was to small to see. I finally solved it by putting a 7" monitor screen in its place. I connected it to a swich so that I can use it other than just in reverse. I can see the ball of my receiver witch adds in connecting to my trailer.
Camera.jpg

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Very nice baja! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
That's great! What camera and screen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put one of the cheap ones off of Amazon on mine a few weeks ago. Wired it to where it’s always on so I can see what my utv implements are doing back there. Works very good while using my scrape blade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Sorry pyromedic...been trying for 2 days to respond back...pilot error here. I used a backup camera w/LED lights and infrared for nighttime...$15. on Amazon. The link to the Monitor is
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PPCP416/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1...cost about $30. If you look at the picture, just to the right of the shift lever is where I have a lighted switch for manual use.

View attachment 130178
Thank you very much. Nice installation!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice work. What camera did you use? Wireless? I'd like to see the details of your install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work. What camera did you use? Wireless? I'd like to see the details of your install.
I was going to use a wireless setup but the monitor screen had a silly looking antenna sticking out the side, so I decided to hard wire from the camera to the monitor.

Wired from the camera around and thru the battery box and up into the dash...all wires in flex conduit. I mounted the monitor in a recess compartment hole with the wires coming out the back of the monitor. Double back tape and then gorilla tape made the dash to monitor very secure...you cant even move the unit. The dash cover had to be removed in order to connect the wires, and also I chose a small black lighted switch to operate the screen versus just using the screen when in reverse.

If you are using the camera strictly while in reverse, you need to buy a pre-wire harness ( its listed somewhere on PRC) . Its the only way a backup camera will work on the Polaris. The harness cost about $35. If you just wire in a switch, the same thing works, you just have to turn it on manually when in reverse.

I am wiring up a system so that whatever is on my iPhone will show on the monitor screen, specifically maps. I have a large amount of topog maps in my phone, which all show present position and following by GPS...a poor man's Ride Command. I will post as soon as all the components get here...the cost is around $50.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts