PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Batteries run down too quickly ?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SCHALL53 
#1 ·
I am a newbie here. I purchased a 2010 Ranger 500 used and have a few questions. I just put new American brand 155a batteries in it since the ones that were in it went dead after abut an hour and a half after fully charging it. The new batteries are a little better but not much. Is this normal? If not could you give me some place to start looking for the problem. I took it to a polaris dealer to check it out and they said everything checked out. They told me they called Polaris and were told that since I didn't have OEM Polaris batteries in it that was the problem. I find that hard to believe. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#5 · (Edited)
Ok, no problem. How bad was the corrosion?

What is the after charge voltage measured from B- on the motor controller, to the input terminal on the Contactor?

Electronics Electrical wiring Technology Cable Wire

The next step is to measure each battery voltage. Put the probes on the terminal, not the cable connector.

Then do it all again after they run down.

You might have a bad new battery or some bad cables.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.