PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any suggestions on a replacement battery for my ranger. I’ve replaced mine several times & they have gotten ridiculously expensive. The 1 I have is $130 & it only has a 3 month warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I have a 2 battery setup in my 09 both Interstate AGM's, and yes they were $130ea, most of the small batteries come with a 1 year warranty. This unit is now retired but use to run a 2-12v pump spraying system, batteries have been in since 2014 and still work great today puttering around the farm.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Yeap.........Odyssey 925L .. Only way to go.

PC925L

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
A battery for a Polaris is one place it's wise not to scrimp on price. Based upon what I've read in post on this Forum over the time I've been a member the charging systems on Polaris UTVs isn't all that robust and doesn't come close to putting out what your average passenger car puts out. When the battery becomes weak it puts and extra load on an already weak charging system and may cause premature failure of stators or regulators. A high quality batter with the largest capacity you can fit in the vehicle is inexpensive insurance, IMHO. Although it may not be necessary, I've chosen to keep a smart battery charger on my expensive AGM battery every night when I'm finished using the Ranger for the day. Keeping a battery fully charged extends battery life and reduces load on the charging system. If a high quality battery is expensive insurance applying the charger is cheap insurance and if it allows my high quality battery to outlast an ordinary battery by a few years it reduces the overall price of teh expensive battery becasue I didn't have to replace it with another cheaper battery in the interim.
I've read on this Forum that these batteries have lasted up to 10 years. That's impressive!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a Decca battery for my series 11 ranger 2 years ago keep it on a battery tender junior and works perfect. tried other agm batteries they only lasted a year.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone that replied, I appreciate your time & input. I probably should have mentioned that I don’t use my Ranger as much as I used to. Now months pass by & I don’t use it. Another thing is that the majority of the time it is in a hunting lease a couple of hours away inside a cargo trailer (to keep it pest free) I will go back to the original battery. I had found a 12V vehicle battery @ Wal-Mart for $49.99 & that looked a whole lot better than $130. Only probl m is that it won’t fit in the battery box, almost height & width are good but the depth is a no go.
Thanks again

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Thanks to everyone that replied, I appreciate your time & input. I probably should have mentioned that I don’t use my Ranger as much as I used to. Now months pass by & I don’t use it. Another thing is that the majority of the time it is in a hunting lease a couple of hours away inside a cargo trailer (to keep it pest free) I will go back to the original battery. I had found a 12V vehicle battery @ Wal-Mart for $49.99 & that looked a whole lot better than $130. Only probl m is that it won’t fit in the battery box, almost height & width are good but the depth is a no go.
Thanks again
R..........................................good luck with that. You better invest ALL THAT 'SAVINGS' on a portable battery jump starter............

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha!
Yup, I do have 1 of those.
I already went ordered an aftermarket battery that is compatible with the OEM battery.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Hahaha!
Yup, I do have 1 of those.
I already went ordered an aftermarket battery that is compatible with the OEM battery.
Thanks!

" R.............the OEM batteries that Polaris uses are the biggest POS that they can buy for selling in new Rangers but you go ahead and get one of those 'sizzlin deal ' batteries ....... LOL........... keep that jump starter charged up......

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
88 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
On my '13 still running the original battery. Snow plow each winter ( electric over hyd.) I do not put it on a trickle charger but it is stored in heated garage in the cold season.
When the time comes I will replace it with the biggest Walmart special I can fit.
Since Interstate Batteries moved away.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
rbar, you should be required by POLARIS to have that OEM bronzed and sent to China to be inducted into the OEM BATTERY HALL OF FAME..................................... :unsure:

·
Registered
348 Posts
rbar, you should be required by POLARIS to have that OEM bronzed and sent to China to be inducted into the OEM BATTERY HALL OF FAME..................................... :unsure:
Won't it be quarantined for at least 2 weeks they don't want us kind of batteries back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts