PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting some 27x14 Grim Reapers and wondered what the consensus is regarding beadlocks or not for a 27 x 14 tire.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If you are going to run lower than standard pressures, do side hills or rock crawling or serious mud bogging you might want to consider them. I have never run an ATV or UTV tire off the rim but I have gotten dirt and rocks and sticks between the rim and tire bead and that sucks enough for me to use them. You might still get crud in there but at least your tire won't go flat.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Beadlocks are cool. Totally unnecessary on all but the the most extreme offroad machines, but cool. They also do a good job of holding mud inside the rim.
Don't get me wrong, I have ran beadlocks on all my SXS's.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I probably would not go that route with the tires you mention, unless you think paying twice as much for the look is worth it. I run them because I run truck tires on mine and run at or below 4 psi all the time. I also do not need to carry a spare with my setup.

·
Registered
704 Posts
As stated above, beadlocks are cool but not needed for most applications. I have them on my Ranger and they look neat but every bead lock I have ever owned leaks a little air unless you use sealer at the bead. It is a very minor issue but beadlocks look cool!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I guess I will look at not running the beadlocks. I only trail ride and use the ranger for hunting. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I forgot to mention they require some attention after being in the mud or dirt. I have to take Q-Tips and clean out the space between the bead lock ring and the wheel. Again, not a big deal but something to consider. Would I buy them again....yes I would. I don't mind a little extra work for the coolness factor!!lol

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I've got STI HD beadlocks on mine and love them. No leaks so far (knock one wood)......and if I were to knock a tire off the bead, at least it would only be on one side.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My beadlocks have been on my '13 since I bought it and have had no leaks. I do run tire sealant so I assume that's why. The main reason I got them was that I like to have the option of airing down. I don't do it often, but I can. I do think they look good too. As far as the mud and cleaning, what a pain in the butt. I probably spend 10 minutes per tire. Cheers

TW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts