PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the midsize threads but thought this might be a better place.
IMG_3280.JPG Has anyone built a bed storage system similar to the decked truck bed system or like the factory polaris bed vault? I had a 4Runner and built a rear trunk storage system and thought about doing one for the ranger. Only probably I see is the height of the box/drawers and still having depth in the bed to hold fire wood or other materials. Thoughts and project build pictures would be great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ideas

So this is kind of what I was thinking and I have done in the past. Would this be too much added weight, and unessesary with all the other storage options out there? Low profile enough to have some kind of lip in the bed to hold coolers, wood and other gear but have a large drawer to keep recovery gear, first aid kit, any extra clothing and tools.
IMG_3283.JPG IMG_3284.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
So this is kind of what I was thinking and I have done in the past. Would this be too much added weight, and unessesary with all the other storage options out there? Low profile enough to have some kind of lip in the bed to hold coolers, wood and other gear but have a large drawer to keep recovery gear, first aid kit, any extra clothing and tools.
View attachment 104817 View attachment 104825
What’s the dry weight on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quote: "So this is kind of what I was thinking and I have done in the past. Would this be too much added weight, and unessesary with all the other storage options out there?"

Burke,
As I read this question, I thought "Only my therapist could answer this question for me." Problem is that I had to quit mine when he told me "Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that everyone isn't out to get you!" Seriously, I think it will have different answers for different people. If you could make it from mostly aluminum, I don't think the weight would be too much. If it's a little heavy, you could upgrade your rear springs (A mod that I have on my "to do" list.). If it's really heavy, it'll probably take it's toll on your rear suspension parts. When I start on a project for the Ranger, I estimate the weight of materials, then consider it. As I build it, I keep checking the weight since I tend to build things "too heavy". If you start on this, please keep us posted! I am much more interested in the things that people put thought, work and worry into than someone going down to the "off-road shop" and dropping 10 grand on upgrades to make their rig "awesome". That's great and all, just not creative. I'll admit, I'm a "tinkerer". JM2C.

Jim

PS. Now, let's talk about your "tactical accessories" in the bottom photo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts