1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consider this...

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car
Floor Flooring Metal Pipe

Polaris Ranger XP 900 Front Shocks and Springs!! From the factory the 570 is stated to have 10" of ground clearance. Within 3-6 months the rear of mine was at 9.5" on the softest setting...bought and installed a 2.5" lift kit and tightened the springs up to the next to highest setting to get 12". After a month I lost another inch!! Took the lift kit off and installed these suckers and she now sits happily at 14"!!! I couldn't be happier!!! Thank you Chris (See Error) for helping me get ahold of them!!!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Can this be done on the 500 too?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can this be done on the 500 too?
Now THAT, I don't know...I DO know that the rear shock perches from the 500s and 800s are a little different than the 570s; just don't know if they're TOO different, you know? This is why I couldn't use the dual triangle-piece bracket lift kit from High Lifter...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did the ride change with the new springs/shocks?
Oddly enough, ride quality barely changed at all! There's a little less of a "marshmallow-y" feeling and actually feels more like what I would expect an off-road suspension to be like...firm but not harsh.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Glad you like them. Mine rides much better than it did with the lift and shocks turned up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok, 900xp front shocks and springs on the rear of a 570, what about the front of the 570? EV springs? Mine has 450 miles on it and I've already cranked the shocks all the way. Now the a-arms a almost perpendicular again. Can you post a side view pic so I can see how much rake it has and maybe locate another set of them lol? I totally agree on the "mushy" ride, needs to be firmed up a lil and raised up and stay up!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
From the amount of lift he got, I'd say ev springs on front should even you out. But depending on how much the 900 springs and strut cost, you might be cheaper just putting ev springs all the way around

·
Registered
61 Posts
Makes me wonder if any shocks from other polaris models might fit the same. It would be nice if RZR shocks fit the same because there are so many available.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Makes me wonder if any shocks from other polaris models might fit the same. It would be nice if RZR shocks fit the same because there are so many available.
There are literally dozens of shock options...you can figure out the length you need to achieve your desired ride height and order that length with appropriate weight/length spring.... No lift kit needed :)

...strutted guys will have far fewer options :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have the complete set of shocks/springs off my 800 I need to sell.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
What's the length from eye to eye?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I am not where I can measure them now but close to 15" ***oAOn edit, note that this is from memory and thinking back that was with the weight of the Ranger on them so the overall expanded length would be a couple inches longer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The stock ranger 570 is 16.5 and the 900 fronts are 18.5. If you need pics of mounting locations on a 570 to compare to your 400, 500 or 800 let me know. If I knew someone with one local I'd try and bolt them up to see.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, 900xp front shocks and springs on the rear of a 570, what about the front of the 570? EV springs? Mine has 450 miles on it and I've already cranked the shocks all the way. Now the a-arms a almost perpendicular again. Can you post a side view pic so I can see how much rake it has and maybe locate another set of them lol? I totally agree on the "mushy" ride, needs to be firmed up a lil and raised up and stay up!
I have a set of SATV Gen II Forward Arched A-Arms on the way along with a pair of EV springs to level 'er out. I decided to go with the XP900 front shocks, in the rear of mine for both the cost and the fact that, although the EVs are thicker and stiffer, that doesn't mean that they won't still fatigue over time. With the actual shock body being 2" longer you stand a better chance that if you do lose some of the lift, you won't drop all the way back down to stock height. If the front of our machines utilized double a-arms I would have searched for a similar setup but since they aren't I decided to go with the EV springs after doing a little research on their compression rate(s) and comparing them to my OEM shocks and the XP900 front shocks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a set of SATV Gen II Forward Arched A-Arms on the way along with a pair of EV springs to level 'er out. I decided to go with the XP900 front shocks, in the rear of mine for both the cost and the fact that, although the EVs are thicker and stiffer, that doesn't mean that they won't still fatigue over time. With the actual shock body being 2" longer you stand a better chance that if you do lose some of the lift, you won't drop all the way back down to stock height. If the front of our machines utilized double a-arms I would have searched for a similar setup but since they aren't I decided to go with the EV springs after doing a little research on their compression rate(s) and comparing them to my OEM shocks and the XP900 front shocks.
I went with the ev springs and shocks as the ev is almost 2,000 lbs and so far are doing great

·
Registered
40 Posts
What are EV springs? I have not heard of them? Are they only for the rear spring or front too? I have a about a thousand miles on mine and I have the rear springs turned all the way up and the a arms a just about level with nothing in the bed. I do haul a lot of weight some times, probably why my springs so low. Will these work for me? Thank's for any help

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
They are factory springs from the electric ranger. They are rated for a machine 1000lbs heavier. So they are longer and sated higher. They give our buggy about 2.5" of lift

1 - 20 of 61 Posts