PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My belt broke so do not have number. Does anyone have part number? Tried cross reference to a gates but belt was too big

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that belt and was too big. I'm assuming belts are different for a high lifter... polaris dealer looked up and said calls for same belt... thanks for replying!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I ran the # 21c4140 Gates G-Force c12 for a year or so. Seemed to work fine. I also ran the Polaris # 3211149

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hunterworks is having a black Friday sale on his belts.

Not being sarcastic...but did you roll the secondary backwards after installing the belt so it would tighten up?

Also...you may have a piece of belt or cords jammed in the secondary holding it open.

·
Super Moderator
6,718 Posts
I tried that belt and was too big. I'm assuming belts are different for a high lifter... polaris dealer looked up and said calls for same belt... thanks for replying!
The 3211149 is the correct belt. Nothing different about the HL as far as the belt is concerned.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sounds like you have the correct belt. The belt should ride a tad above the secondary sheaves. If its dropping down in giving the appearance of too long of belt....something is holding it open. Time for a closer inspection.

·
Vendor
2,099 Posts
That is the right belt, when you say too big what is telling you this?

All models of the Ranger 900 use the same belt

The secondary clutches are known to fail regularly on this vehicle so it might be open further than it should be.

Now if you want the best belt you can buy and want it for just $99 get our belt tomorrow on Black Friday deal

https://www.hunterworks.com/inc/sdetail/96685/96709

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the gates belt that cross reference to the polaris belt is 3" longer than the polaris belt. So I just went ahead and ordered a polaris belt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts