·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyone's view on best all around tire

·
Registered
585 Posts
You're going to get a ton of different opinions but for the price and application I will say Maxxis Zillas 26" on a midsize.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Radial outlaws! !

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Super Swamper LBTs, eat outlaw radials for lunch!

·
Registered
891 Posts
If your talking a true all-round tire, you would have to look at a tire like the Terracross or Bighorn, and newer tires like the Moto MTC and ITP Blackwater you can see these tires on machines on any type of terrain, from sand to rocks to hard pack to wooded trails and even mud! They are good in most conditions but will give up a little to a specific specialized tire! A set of Bighorns won't be as effective in deep mud as Outlaws or Terminators or a set of paddles in the sand but they will do a fairly good job at both while the specialty tire just doesn't perform well on terrain they aren't designed for!

Cheers

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have had my 28" Zillas on my 800 for a little over a month now and I am still very pleased with them.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Sorry but outlaw radials can't be beat. All the tires you guys are mentioning belong on the hard packed trail and that's it, maybe some rocks too. Outlaw radial will be good on rocks, hard trails, pavement, and mud. There's not a better all around tire.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yup your gonna get all kinds of opinions.

IMO any Radial in a side x side application is a good starting point.

My vote would go to the Maxxis Bighorn Radial. NOT THE 2.0 !!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
ITP Terracross or Maxxis Bighorn radial got my vote

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I prefer rubber tires, that are round and hold air....but...

I'm an interco fan at heart, always have been. My Kenda Executioners are the first set of Non-Interco tires ive ever bought...im very very impressed with them. My neighbor has a set on his pioneer as well. They DO great all around for us. This is one of those quesetions that doesnt have a right answer. lol maybe someday ill get me a set of those "Superior Traction" tires. Kinda neat looking.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well goin be running 28'' terminator next see how I like that had my last ride on the 31's today love them but they just don't fit very well an yes the stock axle is holding up great if any of yall were wondering pos rhino axles

·
Registered
309 Posts
The best tires are those that are all round.

He He....sorry, had to say that.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
A tire with tread similar to the Bighorn (there are many similar) is hard to beat. I'm really liking my Roctanes so far, and they also have the advantage of being an 8 ply tire.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what do the weigh "rocktanes"

·
Registered
621 Posts
^^Comparable to a like size bighorn, about 5lbs on average heavier per tire according to mud-throwers. Not to bad being an 8 ply! ^^

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Sorry but outlaw radials can't be beat. All the tires you guys are mentioning belong on the hard packed trail and that's it, maybe some rocks too. Outlaw radial will be good on rocks, hard trails, pavement, and mud. There's not a better all around tire.
Radial Outlaws are a good tire and they are one of the few mud tires that do perform well in all conditions but to say they can't be beat just tells me you have not ridden on many true all around tires. More tires than not will do better all around than the OLR with do while few will do as good of the OLR in mud unless they are a dedicated mud tire like the OL2 and silverbacks etc. I know for a fact that the OLRs will wear fast on pavement, even on a 4 wheeler. They also do not come nearly as close to the smooth ride on hardpack and asphalt as Super Swampers do. Super Swampers may not be quiet as good as OLRs in the mud but they will be far closer to the OLRs in the mud than the OLRs with be to the Swampers in anything else. I have rode both on Rangers and so have others and they will tell you the same thing. I was torn between the OLR and the Super Swampers when I bought mine but since I got them and have drove Rangers with both I am extremely glad I made the choice I did.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Radial Outlaws are a good tire and they are one of the few mud tires that do perform well in all conditions but to say they can't be beat just tells me you have not ridden on many true all around tires. More tires than not will do better all around than the OLR with do while few will do as good of the OLR in mud unless they are a dedicated mud tire like the OL2 and silverbacks etc. I know for a fact that the OLRs will wear fast on pavement, even on a 4 wheeler. They also do not come nearly as close to the smooth ride on hardpack and asphalt as Super Swampers do. Super Swampers may not be quiet as good as OLRs in the mud but they will be far closer to the OLRs in the mud than the OLRs with be to the Swampers in anything else. I have rode both on Rangers and so have others and they will tell you the same thing. I was torn between the OLR and the Super Swampers when I bought mine but since I got them and have drove Rangers with both I am extremely glad I made the choice I did.
Hey, Do you infact have the Booger billet diff? If ya do, what'd it cost out the door? Do they come loaded with the metal sprague and entire internals or do ya gotta do all that yourself? just curious. Mine is still fine, but eventually im sure it'll puke.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Wagz, yes I do have it. He will work with you for anyway you want. You can simply get an empty case with no side cover and built it yourself or go as far as I did and sent him mine and let him build it replacing needed parts. The only thing reused in mine was the ring and pinion plus he put his billet sprague in it with the optional billet side cover too. Cost me $1600 shipped and ready to bolt in and fill with oil. It's purdy, shame you can't really see it once it is in! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts