PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a buddy shred a belt on his Ranger and i want to buy a spare to keep on the machine just in case when on the trail. What is the best belt to have? factory? aftermarker? also what tools will i need to keep handy on the machine to change it out in the field?

thanks

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Carry a BIG pair of channel locks to loosen the belt, unless you have a grip like Hurcules.:glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Ditto on the Gates C-12 belt. I've been running one on my RZR and it's held up well so far. It's the only belt I've tried that I consider to be as good (maybe better?) than OEM.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
OEM, you always know where you can get replacements and they always fit. I typically change my belts at about 1,000 miles and keep the old belt as my spare. If you aren't hill climbing and mudding in high, you should never toast a belt.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I agree with the OEM. They have served me well. Not saying Gates won't, but my experience with the OEM Belts has been good. As well said above "you know you are getting the Belt the MFG wanted and can always find a dealer"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts