PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to get tracks for my 2014 Ranger crew instead of a sled. With the full cab and heat, nothing else makes sense.

What should I expect to pay?

Who has the best delivered price and service?

·
Registered
94 Posts
ATVTracks.net , and that's shipped to the door. I've needed service once, and they were quick and VERY fair with the parts needed. Give them a call for their pricing - it's not on the web:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9% discount, delivered. The problem is, they drop ship directly from the manufacturer in Quebec. And they will only ship to a commercial address. They claimed they will even use Google Earth to see that it's a business and not a house. Something about import duties if shipped to a house and not a business.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tracks arrived today. Can't wait for Saturday's heat wave (36 degrees!) to get them on.

I've seen a couple posts from people who said they leave the mounting plates attached all the time? Even with the bolt hanging down?

I also seem to be missing the users manual. I wish they'd put their manuals on line.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I leave the rear mounting plate on but remove the bolt, it would get destroyed in the summer months hanging down imo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not had a good day with my new tracks. I've got 6 hours into them so far and still have more to go.

The rears went on pretty straight forward. I needed to get longer bolts for the mounting plate so they would make it through the lift kit, no biggie.

The fronts. Ugh.

First of all, I spent time trying to figure out how to remove the front CV guards. Couldn't figure it out. I have a 2014, and was looking at the 2013 service manual, and they are silent on the issue. It looks like they are actually riveted on. They are a round, flat fastener with a small hole in the middle. I thought maybe small torx, but no slots in the hole. I eventually decided they must be rivets. So I just cut out about a 1/2 square chunk in the outter piece so the lower bracket would fit in. Not a big deal. Moving on.

Get the upper and lower bracket mounted. Get the track mounted. What the. Now I can't figure out how to get the stabilizer onto the bolt. There's no room to move the bolt up like there is on the rears. Scratch head. Did I do something wrong? Go back and look at the instructions again...No...Well, how the h...Go to atvtracks.net install video. They put the nut in the bracket then thread the bolt up. OK. But the nut doesn't fit in the bracket. Finally I bolted the hole mess together then mounted the A arm brackets. That wasn't much fun either. Now I had wrestle the hole weight of the track, try and get the bolts into the holes and the tab in the back of the brackets to line up. Took me about an hour a side.

Now to mount the steering puck. Oh, something that looks easy. HA! What idiot wrote the instructions so that you have to try and get the nut through the little hole in the top plate, so you can get it to the bolt on the bottom plate? Why don't they have you do that before you mount it? I of course, dropped the nut, twice, it slide down between the plates and had to work it out with my fingers. That took a half hour each side.

I'm beat. What the heck did I do wrong? There's got to be an easier way to get these on and off. I think I've used up all the bolts now, so tomorrow hopefullly just a couple more hours adjusting and I'll be good to go.

Camoplast really needs to make some install videos for these things. There's really no excuse not to anymore.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put the same tracks on my 2013 900 xp last fall, and it was a breeze--5 hrs all together the first time. It took 45 minutes to remove them and replace wheels in the spring. I cut the bolts hanging down thru the mounting plate, and left the plates on the machine. When I put the tracks back on last week I got new bolts and reversed them, putting the nut in the pocket on top of the plate. I spent a couple of hours trying to line up the wheel bolts, then my son showed up and we put them on in about 1/2 hr--easy with 2 guys. I had a problem with two of the soft tires disintegrating last spring, but Camoplast warrantied them no problem. The big problem with that is I have no idea why it happened. With tracks I can go MOST places I could with my sled, so I sold the sled.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do what Argyle1 did (same trick on mine, dealer's idea) - silicon in the nut and put the bolt in the other way from the directions. Nut stays on the plate year round.

I find it easier to have the machine well jacked up (jack stands) so I can rotate the track, both to get it on as well as the anti-rotation bars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts