PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add a few spare Circlips for the front and rear axles to my kit.

I have a 2015 XP900, I am not sure if the front and the rear are the same clip? When looking at polarispartshouse.com, the front(2203445($2.95)) and the rear(7710665($22.79)) have two different part numbers, and a huge price difference.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
I wanted to add a few spare Circlips for the front and rear axles to my kit.

I have a 2015 XP900, I am not sure if the front and the rear are the same clip? When looking at polarispartshouse.com, the front(2203445($2.95)) and the rear(7710665($22.79)) have two different part numbers, and a huge price difference.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Since you are running the OEM axles, I would stick with the OEM CirClips.
You can purchase them from your dealer or online.

Your part numbers are correct, not sure about the cost.
I will have to check and see what the difference is.

Also, you have 2 more CirClips/Spring Rings on the Axle itself ( although you will possibly never need these).
And they have different part numbers as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, you have 2 more CirClips/Spring Rings on the Axle itself ( although you will possibly never need these).
And they have different part numbers as well.
Are you refering to the clip/ring that holds the CV to the shaft or the one that holds the CV internals together?

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
Are you refering to the clip/ring that holds the CV to the shaft or the one that holds the CV internals together?
The part numbers that you listed are the ones for the CV splines that go into the hub, and those are the ones that normally will get replaced.

In the latter of my post, I was just offering up some additional information, that may have complicated the post.
These CirClips/Spring Rings go on the axle itself, they retain the CV internal race to the shaft, and they also have different part numbers.

Reactions: GunnerRoo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These CirClips/Spring Rings go on the axle itself, they retain the CV internal race to the shaft, and they also have different part numbers.
Correct, I was on the same page, just wasn't sure which you were referring, as there is also a CirClips/Spring Rings that hold the internal race together. Too many CirClips/Spring Rings! :encouragement:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts