PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a Polaris ranger 4 setter 800 that squeals when runs could it be the belt are a pulley ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought it still finding out what it is all about that's the only thing I have concerns about right now

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would put it up on jack stands and get someone to operate the throttle and try to isolate the noise.
Does it do it in low and high and reverse.
Does it do it in neutral?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok will do but no squealing in neutral or reverse I am cleaning it up there so much dried mud caked on it we take a full day to get it clean I mean a LOT of mud

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Im guessing brake squeal. Lean on the brakes when it squeals and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
201 Posts
RJ may be correct. Just FYI...when someone here asks for more info...they are being VERY polite. Most won’t even reply to a thread/post with so little info and description. When you ask for help...year, make, model along with an accurate description of issues. Makes noise while driving is ridiculous! Then you added a little more when asked...like doesn’t do it in neutral of reverse. Those characteristics should have been stated in your first post. All speeds, between this speed, at this rpm, going uphill, going downhill. All of this info helps US figure out most likely cause of your concern. What we can eliminate, what system or components may be involved, is issue in trans, diff, clutch, belt etc, etc. please keep this in mind before you ask more. I am surprised you had any replies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts