Tip out windshield
Back Glass
Sport roof
Fuse block
13" LED light bar
24" LED light bar
2- LED Cube lights
OTRATTW switches

Now the question is what else should I do before the wife see the bank statement? image4.JPG image2.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG image1.JPG image7.JPG untitled.png ran.png

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Duraclutch. :glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
621 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jk looks really good !!!!! What are you initial thoughts on the canvas doors? Looking at getting a set in the very near future. Also, let me know how you like that Polaris Heater once you have used it for awhile, trying to decide it its worth twice the price of a FireStorm.

Again, Sharp looking rig !!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jk looks really good !!!!! What are you initial thoughts on the canvas doors? Looking at getting a set in the very near future. Also, let me know how you like that Polaris Heater once you have used it for awhile, trying to decide it its worth twice the price of a FireStorm.

Again, Sharp looking rig !!!
I like the doors so far, seem to fit and seal fairly well. A little fussy to get adjusted just right but not to bad. Was about 60 here today so haven't really gotten to give the heater a real test yet

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kind of material did you use for the headliner? and how to you install it?
It's a sheet of black 1/4 high density polyethylene (HDPE) I found at my local Menards. It has a really nice texture finish to it really looks like it's stock and belongs there. I just fastened it with a few small nuts and bolts. When the roof is off and you look from the top there is a nice flat area for it to fit in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duh, you need a wiper ;)
And a subwoofer.
Full skid plate, horn, dual batts, snorkel, and lasers.
Oh forgot that one, already put a air horn under the hood. I do think a sub under the driver seat is in the near future just not sure where to place a amp. Was considering dual batteries or maybe just a battery tender to keep it charged up after plowing and for periods of light use but am a little afraid of them. A buddy of mine had one malfunction last winter and burnt his Shelby and garage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Popular spot for the amp is on top of the glove box. I bought a sub enclosure and driver from SSV Works. I also bought speaker pods from them. Good sound and Volume require tuned enclosures. Along with a 500w marine amp from JL Audio this setup sounds really amazing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Not much room for amp on top of the glove box anymore the heater takes up most free space in dash.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'll second the need for the Wiper !!!!

Moving Snow at a speed that creates any type of blade roll over and your windshield will be covered in water droplets because it warmer inside (with the Heater) then outside. I tried stopping and using a squeegee last year but that got old fast !!! Added the Wiper, problem solved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just looked at the wiper kit. It looks like the washer bottle goes right where I installed my fuse block. That could be a PITA:sour:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had the polaris heater for a year now, I have a full glass cab with canvas doors. In low gear it will need to be turned down even on really cold days. Traveling 45 down the road, lets just say the cold leaks in, but is still better than no heater at all by far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just looked at the wiper kit. It looks like the washer bottle goes right where I installed my fuse block. That could be a PITA:sour:
Nice rig you have there!

Polaris made another kit before that had the washer bottle mounted under the cargo bed. I have that style it works fantastic. Just have to be careful refilling the tank spilled a bit and had a nice header fire going. Thankfully washer fluid doesn't burn very hot. Throw a little snow on there and all is well.

You may be able to order that style kit if they are still available.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good looking machine! I spent enough to get my pearl 900 to the house, so needless to say it will be a little while before the mods begin!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is where I put my junk:
http://pics.theshreves.com/ranger/ranger_wipermod5.jpg

Best price on wiper (the pic is wrong and shows the older style mentioned previously):
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1019/39723/Polaris-Windshield-Washer-Wiper-Kit?v=10909

I rarely use the fluid, but I use the wiper all the time. You could probably just not install the tank.
A few of my thoughts and hackery of the Polaris wiper:
http://www.prcforum.com/forum/154-ranger-xp-900-discussions/54978-windshield-wiper-mod-no-housing-switches-dash.html
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to put the wiper on after the holidays. When I have a little more free time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got to try the plow and heater out today for first time. Plow worked great. Heater is awesome 20 outside heater on low wearing a tshirt to plow and still was a little to warm inside the cab. Definitely gonna need the wiper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts