PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone out there running camso tracks have issues blowing belts? Lost 2 belts in 30 miles. Dealer said too much heat, ordered a blower and a couple new belts. Ranger has 150 miles on it. 2019 Ranger Crew xp1000. No problems running it prior to belt install, only ran in low range. Prior tracked Arctic Cat ran flawless for 4 years. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you had your clutch update done?

Which belt did you install?

Did you check Clutch Alignment ?
Factory belt lost 3 inner cogs, but might have been damaged prior to the the tracks being installed. Put in my spare gates belt in. Really poor break in period, belt lasted 20 miles. Put the factory belt back in and limped home. Dealer said buy another factory belt and do a proper break in , if belt fails again bring it in for inspection.
I am not aware of a clutch update on this machine.

·
Super Moderator
6,686 Posts
There is a Service Advisory for the Clutches.
Some of the symptoms are Hard to Shift, Creeping at idle.

I would contact your Dealer and check on getting the update done with a Clutch Alignment.

·
Super Moderator
6,686 Posts
Ok great, I did have some creeping at idle too. I will make an appointment.
The way the advisory is written, you have to complain about the creeping and hard shifting, and the Dealer has to observe the same so you get the Clutch Update performed on your unit,
or the Dealer will charge you for the time to look at it.

But with that said, All Dealers are NOT the same.

Also, there is a Clutch cover update to protect the fuel line, Incase the belt breaks and takes out the cover and fuel line that runs across the top of it.
Get this done as well.
Forgot to mention it earlier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it got stuck in Low, then began creeping, it took a while but I finally got it to shift out and the creeping stopped, has not happened since. You think this is part of that advisory?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The way the advisory is written, you have to complain about the creeping and hard shifting, and the Dealer has to observe the same so you get the Clutch Update performed on your unit,
or the Dealer will charge you for the time to look at it.

But with that said, All Dealers are NOT the same.

Also, there is a Clutch cover update to protect the fuel line, Incase the belt breaks and takes out the cover and fuel line that runs across the top of it.
Get this done as well.
Forgot to mention it earlier.
Ok, thanks for the information, dealer wants me to bring it in for an inspection under warranty.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Of course the Dura Clutch was originally designed to run tracks and not blow belts. You might want to check duraclutch.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Duraclutch is certainly an option, but Terry Gilomen sent me an email today explaining why this problem occurred, he seemed pretty confident Polaris will address this issue under warranty as my symptoms were text book. We will see what happens next week. Thanks

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I've never run tracks. I've just read here it takes 'alot' of power to turn them. Any belt slippage and its done. The Dura Clutch belt is always engaged so it never slips. No I'm not a spokeman for them. But I just love mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your advice Todd, it appears my model is under a service advisory, primary clutch may be defective under this advisory. I will get it to the shop on Monday and we will see what my dealer had to say. I’m hoping it’s gonna be covered. Much thanks to you and Terry this week for all of your advice and guidance, you guys are a great asset to our Ranger community.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I have sold more Duraclutches than anyone and I can tell you we still have issues with tracks from the heat, the belts do not slip but if not properly set up the heat will destroy the belt on it too.
Based upon what you are saying, the really hot setup for tracks would be a Duraclutch and a blower to keep things cool. Is that about right? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,686 Posts
I've never run tracks. I've just read here it takes 'alot' of power to turn them. Any belt slippage and its done. The Dura Clutch belt is always engaged so it never slips. No I'm not a spokeman for them. But I just love mine.
Cruising around on a DuraClutch and DuraTracks.
And yes, that is Mitchell Johnson. 36A8B47C-6FDD-4FE5-9AD5-B448DCD49E8F.jpeg

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
If you spend any time pushing a tracked machine hard even in low range, you are going to overheat and blow the belt. Doesn't matter which model you are running, tracks take a tremendous amount of horsepower because of how much powertrain friction they take to turn. If you are trying to run long distances, you need to get used to driving very slowly or taking cool down breaks along the way. Or buy a snowmobile

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can’t say I’m experienced blowing out belts, but from what I’ve been able to gather, they also need some break in. Also, not all belts are equal. If it was me, I’d look into break in and also maybe a different brand belt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so my dealer Mountain Motorsports has inspected my ranger. Polaris is replacing the Primary clutch and adding 6000 foot and above clutch weights. One way bearing seized causing belt damage and the extreme creeping problems and inability to shift out of low gear. Also, Polaris provided a new belt under warranty. All of these issues fall under the service advisory RSA - 19 - 01D.
I added a clutch blower Based on recommendations from Todd at Hunterworks and Terry at Gilomen innovations.
If you have a 2018/2019 Ranger and you are experiencing any funny clutch issues, creeping while in gear or a stuck shifter, schedule an appointment with your dealer for inspection. If your unit is out of warranty, Polaris is making the repairs free as a goodwill gesture. Good luck and thanks for everyone’s advice and suggestions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts