PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 ranger 900 and i bought it brand new. It ran great right away until about the first 600 miles then i blew a belt i took the clutch to the dealer and got it cleaned and put a new belt on it. Then about 150 miles it blew another belt. So i thought mabey it was just a bad belt. so i took the clutch to the dealer again got the rollers replaced because they broke from the belt blowing and i got the clutch cleaned again. put the 3rd belt on it and after 1 day of doing 45mph going aroung gravel roads it blew a belt. And i do not go through water! so do you guys have any suggestions? Iv gone through three belts and dont wanna go through 4!!

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
You have either a clutch or an alignment issue. I've never seen rollers break from a belt breaking.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
I have a 2014 ranger 900 and i bought it brand new. It ran great right away until about the first 600 miles then i blew a belt i took the clutch to the dealer and got it cleaned and put a new belt on it. Then about 150 miles it blew another belt. So i thought mabey it was just a bad belt. so i took the clutch to the dealer again got the rollers replaced because they broke from the belt blowing and i got the clutch cleaned again. put the 3rd belt on it and after 1 day of doing 45mph going aroung gravel roads it blew a belt. And i do not go through water! so do you guys have any suggestions? Iv gone through three belts and dont wanna go through 4!!
Call me I bet I can figure it out for you. The most likely candidate is something in the secondary. Is this a browning by chance?

·
Registered
0 Posts
just exploded my secondary clutch (rapid reaction) and am searching old threads looking for info on new ones and other peoples issues.....what ended up being the issue nate? and todd, why do you ask if this is the browning edition?

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
just exploded my secondary clutch (rapid reaction) and am searching old threads looking for info on new ones and other peoples issues.....what ended up being the issue nate? and todd, why do you ask if this is the browning edition?
Because the browning edition comes with the better secondary already so that would not have been his issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts