PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Just purchased a 21 XP1000 Northstar Ultimate, and had my first night drive tonight on the way home from hunting. I figured out how to dim the Ride Command Screen and the driver gauges. But the blue lights in the cab are way too bright (window controls, blue spot light in the door, wiper switch, light switch, etc). The lights reflect off of the windows and are pretty distracting.

Other than taping them up, has anyone figured out how to dim the lights in the cab? I’m guessing there is a wire on each switch that can be disconnected, but I haven’t had the rig long enough to research it yet.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm not going to be a lot of help, but I've thought the same at times with my 2019 Northstar. I have gotten used to it in general, but there is a lot of reflection especially in the back glass that I would like to get rid of.. hopefully someone will have some tips.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I suppose you could install a variable potentiometer in the circuit if you can find a separate wire that supplies the lights.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My dealer installed wiper switch does not light up, so you may be able to delete the light. Try a black magic marker for short term dimming

Reactions: RJ

·
Registered
108 Posts
Though I dont have a northstar, the back glass/carbonate is flat as in straight up and down. It would be nice if it had a slight bend as to not be a mirror reflecting whatever is shining in cab or even headlights. I have to turn my rear lights on to see clearly out the back at night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not going to be a lot of help, but I've thought the same at times with my 2019 Northstar. I have gotten used to it in general, but there is a lot of reflection especially in the back glass that I would like to get rid of.. hopefully someone will have some tips.
On my 2021 the rear glass is super reflective. When reversing and looking over my shoulder through the window I feel like I am looking in a mirror. The Ride Command screen is clearly visible in the rear glass, it has taken a little getting used to. I'm thinking the fix is to add bright lights to the rear which should aid in improved visibility for reversing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Those flat vertical rear windows don't lend themselves to looking out of into the dark. Pretty much the same in a pickup, but the reverse lights help a bit. The rear facing light on your ranger might help some.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those flat vertical rear windows don't lend themselves to looking out of into the dark. Pretty much the same in a pickup, but the reverse lights help a bit. The rear facing light on your ranger might help some.
Totally agree. Can't wait to get me some rear facing lights to help with reversing visibility.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just like at home. If you want to see outside turn off the lights in the house and turn on the yard light. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts