PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xp900 With Boss straight blade. I did not purchase the headlight option.

When you raise the blade it blocks the stock lights and makes it very hard to use/see at night. Even when lowered there is so much glare from the plow it's a nuisance.

I'd like to have plow lights that are activated separately from the headlights that lite up the area in front on the plow and are good lights for the surrounding area.

My question is, "what have you done for plow lights". Photos would be appreciated !!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
What he said

·
Registered
762 Posts
I put a 12" up in front and a pair of cubes on the back, 1 up high for cargo and the other down low and wired to Reverse.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
The one wired to reverse is a necessity for plowing. Makes things much easier. I got mine from exploration Outfitters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416847462.977835.jpg
20 inch light bar on the roof. One set of cubes pointed to the side. The other set of cubes pointed backwards. All wired to separate switches mounted next to wiper controls on the windshield. If I had to do anything different I would have went with a bigger light bar. Light bars are the cats meow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
image.jpg
I put in a pair of Lumitec caprera2's in the front and lumitec capri2 flush mounted in the back. They are as bright as the high beams, can be dimmed, and switched to red (makes for a bright tail light with the aft facing light).

·
Registered
91 Posts
I run a 40 inch led light bar up top. If your just running the stock headlights you will be blown away by how bright you can get the area in front of you. You'll have to spend a little over 300 for something like mine but can find them Cheeper if your dig around.... Also get a smaller light bar for the rear like everyone has said I have one in my roof and I would be still lost in the woods if I didn't have it. Good luck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a good deal on a 20" bar (only measures 13" wide???????). Now to mount it.

Did you all just drill a couple of holes in the roof ??????? Any tips ??????

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Got a good deal on a 20" bar (only measures 13" wide???????).
Somebody owes you 7" of light bar! 20" light bars measure 20"!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
My set up. snowplow.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got It from Tractor Supply. I thought maybe they were measured like wood. (2X4 - 1-3/4 X 3-3/4).

Fswan...... I have another post on wiring it. Sure would appreciate your thoughts !!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the premium plastic roof on my ranger. Take out the head liner and look at cage structure before you pull out the drill. I drilled three holes, 2 for mounting the light and one hole for power cord. Bought some grommets at Napa for the power cord and sealed all three holes with silicon.
Took me a six pack before I had the guts to drill thru my new roof.
Good luck and fswan has many wiring posts that helped me out.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Glngib......Nice setup !!!! Any bounce with the lights when Plowing ?????
No, the lights are bright and steady when plowing or just riding at night.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I put a 12" Led on the front roll bar, and a 6" LED on the back of my 800, along with a set of reverse lights.
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
I haven't had my headlights on since!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the premium plastic roof on my ranger. Take out the head liner and look at cage structure before you pull out the drill. I drilled three holes, 2 for mounting the light and one hole for power cord. Bought some grommets at Napa for the power cord and sealed all three holes with silicon.
Took me a six pack before I had the guts to drill thru my new roof.
Good luck and fswan has many wiring posts that helped me out.
I had a great laugh when I read this, you sound just like me !!!!! The thought of drilling holes in my perfectly good roof is tearing me up !!!
Can I ask where you got you switches and harness from ?????

Jdinny ...... nice set up and same question, switches and harness ??????

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Got It from Tractor Supply. I thought maybe they were measured like wood. (2X4 - 1-3/4 X 3-3/4).

Fswan...... I have another post on wiring it. Sure would appreciate your thoughts !!
Can't find your post??

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Wiring will be a switch with relay from E-Bay (OPT7). Switch will be mounted in the wiper housing. Any thoughts, any thing I should know before I start ??????
Man, you're really making me work for this one! Links and specific questions would really help! Anyway, here are my observations (I'll assume the links below are the correct ones for what you purchased);

1. The light bar is 72 watts which is only 6 amps therefore, a relay is probably not required. It doesn't hurt anything to have it - just complicates running the wires.
2. The TSC ad shows bare wires. Can't tell if the OPT7 harness provides an extra connector for the light bar or not. If not, you'll have to find one or cut off the one on the OPT7 and connect the wires together with either some other sort of connector (e.g. bullet connectors), or solder red-to-red, blk-to-blk directly.
3. Replace the 30 amp fuse in the OPT7 harness with either a 7.5 or 5 amp fuse.

I like the idea of mounting your light switch in your wiper box. Assuming the power wires are a large enough gauge to handle the additional 6 amps for your light bar. Would make wiring you light bar much easier if you could just tap off the wiper wires! Just gotta figure out what you are going to do with 8 feet of extra wires (I'd cut out everything but the fuse and switch and toss the rest!)

Hope this helps!

OPT7 8ft on Off Power Switch for Off Road LED Light Bar Relay Wiring Harness | eBay

Traveller® 72W LED Light Bar - Tractor Supply Co.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts