PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if you can mount a Boss plow on a ranger 900 with forward a arms with a 2" lift built in? Will the forward arms and bigger tires interfere with unhooking the plow?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just picked up my Boss Vee plow yesterday, after installing the mount myself. My 800 HD is all stock, but by the way the plow mount mates to the frame and bumper, I think the only difference you speak of would be the height of the pushbar b/c of your lift Granted, mine is an 800 and 2011, but I saw the mount box label show'09 and newer. A vee plow would fold back closer to the front of the Ranger than a straight blade, I would think. Only way to be sure is to ask a dealer installer. Don't take the sales guys word for any of it. He may tell you yes, just to make the sale.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply John. With my forward a arms the tires stick out past the bumper and that is really my concern for hooking and unhooking the plow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a pic of the undercarriage. I couldn't find any pics of it with out the plow mounted prior to my purchase. The plow frame mounts further forward than I was expecting. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of that to show you right now. The mounting bar is adjustable so you should be able to minimize the effect of the little. I actually considered raising mine so that the Turing edge wouldn't do in so much on the dirt section of drive way. image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is for the boss straight blade? I'm really looking for pics with it hooked up, too see how much room I had to pull the pins on either side.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The mount is the same for both the straight and vee plow. Only difference is the controller

As for the plows bladeside mount, I've only lifted the Vee blade. Idk if that sticks further forward, or is the same as a straight blade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts