PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on the BOSS V for a 900 EPS.

Read some reviews on here, some not so good but I see a few others with them now and would like to know how they are doing with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are heavy, but very nice.. I got mine last year brand new at a farm auction for $1800. I installed it myself, which was fairly easy, hardest part was routing and finding places to hide all the wiring. After I installed it I raised it up and my front squatted so much I thought there is no way this will work. I then moved my front shocks to the outer holes, cranked the shock adjustment to the stiffest setting, put 25 pounds of air in my front tires, and put 4 sand bags in the bed. I plowed all last year this way with no issues, but it was still squatting my front end more than I like.

This year I installed highlifter heavy duty springs on the front and still have the shock adjustment turned all the way up on the outer holes, 25 pounds of air in the front tires, and found a 400-500lb weight for the bed. We haven't had any snow to plow this year (knock on wood), but if feels a lot better. The blade raises higher, less body roll when turning, and seems to steer easier.

Long story short, if I had to pay full price for it, I would have bought the poly straight boss blade instead. If someone were to offer to trade me straight across for a poly blade and I didn't have to redo the wiring I'd probably do it. The stake feature comes in handy ever now and then, but all the weight I've added to the ranger will most likely catch up with me before too long.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I've own Fisher plows and I currently own a Boss on my pickup. Its the best. Period. Being a Mainer...I'm all about supporting a Maine business. But after seeing the Boss plow in action, off and on the truck effortlessly...I'd never own another Fisher. As far as the UTV plow...it must be just a good. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got a Boss straight blade and a 900 last Winter. Replaced an old Chevy truck that had a Curtis blade. I did not sell the truck because I was concerned that the Ranger might not be able to move as much Snow as the Truck did. Last year was the Snowiest Winter we have had in years. I never needed the truck.

Boss Poly blade was awesome !!!!!!!!

I added a heater, Blue tooth sound, Lights all over the place. I also insulated every where the air passes through the cab (A lot more than you would think).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts