PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a couple years and my machine has been taking a beating..alot of my plastics are cracked and im not even beating on the machine.
I came from a sportman 500x2 with 27 zillas..hardly ever bottomed out.no lift on it.
I have 26 zillas on it but obv need more height.
Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
One of the first things I would do, is install a full 1/2 thick UHMW Skid Plate. This will save your plastics, protect the bottom of your unit and give you a higher level of safety from objects possibly coming through the floor boards.
But if you are wanting a Lift, I recommend looking at the Ranger ProLift, lower mounted A arm lift.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the first things I would do, is install a full 1/2 thick UHMW Skid Plate. This will save your plastics, protect the bottom of your unit and give you a higher level of safety from objects possibly coming through the floor boards.
But if you are wanting a Lift, I recommend looking at the Ranger ProLift, lower mounted A arm lift.
I did look at skid plates but the prices scared me away. Ill look into that lift thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You already have a very thin skid plate under you buggy. Buy a sheet or two of 1/2" UMHW from a local supplier and make your own using your thin one as a template. You could probably do it for around $1000. UMHW comes in sheets just like plywood.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You already have a very thin skid plate under you buggy. Buy a sheet or two of 1/2" UMHW from a local supplier and make your own using your thin one as a template. You could probably do it for around $1000. UMHW comes in sheets just like plywood.
View attachment 129518
same price as buying it done already.
Hmmmm decisions.

Any idea if the RZR have the same low clearance issues?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Instead of full armor, does anyone sell rock sliders for the 570 mid?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ordered a Super ATV lift for it. hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I did look at skid plates but the prices scared me away. Ill look into that lift thanks.
Consider the following:

Point # 1) No matter how high you lift eventually you'll come across something high enough to hit the bottom of your rig, and that doesn't even take into account branches or sticks being flipped up by the wheels and wacking the bottom.

Point # 2) The cost of just one replacement panel from Polaris may well rival the cost of a quality UMHW skid. The one I installed on my rig extends to the sides far enough to protect the rocker panels which are very vulnerable. If you damage a panel and need to replace it you still don't have any protection and will wish you bought the expensive skids.

The skids I bought (listed in my signature) are very well made and heavy duty, and if memory serves me, I mentioned being a member of this Forum and got a small discount that just about covered the shipping.
My rig is not highly modified or fancy. I use it almost totally as a utility vehicle and ahve added options to make it more useful for my needs. Next to the Duraclutch, I view the skids I bought as the second best investment I have made for my Ranger.

If you were my best friend I would encourage you to bite the bullet and go for the skids.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Consider the following:

Point # 1) No matter how high you lift eventually you'll come across something high enough to hit the bottom of your rig, and that doesn't even take into account branches or sticks being flipped up by the wheels and wacking the bottom.

Point # 2) The cost of just one replacement panel from Polaris may well rival the cost of a quality UMHW skid. The one I installed on my rig extends to the sides far enough to protect the rocker panels which are very vulnerable. If you damage a panel and need to replace it you still don't have any protection and will wish you bought the expensive skids.

The skids I bought (listed in my signature) are very well made and heavy duty, and if memory serves me, I mentioned being a member of this Forum and got a small discount that just about covered the shipping.
My rig is not highly modified or fancy. I use it almost totally as a utility vehicle and ahve added options to make it more useful for my needs. Next to the Duraclutch, I view the skids I bought as the second best investment I have made for my Ranger.

If you were my best friend I would encourage you to bite the bullet and go for the skids.
I use mine mostly for hunting and a little trail riding + wood recovery vehicle.
im going to revisit the skid plate once i get the lift on ... Thanks again!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lift in and wonder why i waited this long! Awesome

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats on the new lift.

I just added the MMA to mine a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t driven through the part of my property that has the larger rocks that I used to hit. But, for a test before I added the lift, I cranked the springs up and didn’t hit, so I think I will be fine.

I was able to turn the springs back down in front to zero although I did have a couple of clicks in the rear to level it out. I also hope it will help a bit in deeper snow when I plow. Might get my first chance at trying that out tomorrow. We’ll see how much snow we get.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the new lift.

I just added the MMA to mine a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t driven through the part of my property that has the larger rocks that I used to hit. But, for a test before I added the lift, I cranked the springs up and didn’t hit, so I think I will be fine.

I was able to turn the springs back down in front to zero although I did have a couple of clicks in the rear to level it out. I also hope it will help a bit in deeper snow when I plow. Might get my first chance at trying that out tomorrow. We’ll see how much snow we get.
Do you need a special tool to adjust the springs?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just used the spanner wrench that came in the tool kit. I did jack it up to take some of the pressure off the springs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just used the spanner wrench that came in the tool kit. I did jack it up to take some of the pressure off the springs.
Makes sense. I bought mine used and it came with nothing! Lucky me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Other people here say they used channel locks. Not sure how that works.
Odd my front springs dont have an adjustment . But my back springs do.

Rode all day today.. didnt bottom out once.:cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't know why, but my 2017 570 Midsize does. I guess they changed between our years.

Funny but just a little higher helped in my case too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts