PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting extra ground clearance for deer hunting, to clear stumps, logs, etc. I just bought a 2016 900XP with 28x10x14 STI Outbacks. I can't find any info on how much the high clearance lower control arms will increase the ground to belly distance. I'm looking at the Highlifter and SATV lines. What should I expect? Do I need to change both upper and lower or just lowers? Will going with a bracket lift like Prolift or MMA accomplish the same end results? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I don't know about the Highlifter arms, but I can tell you that with the SATV arms the Prolift won't fit becasue the SATV arms are built with heavier material and slightly different architecture that OEM arms. The SATV arms come as a pair for each side, upper and lower arms are included. As gmck states, they move the front wheels forward about 1.5". If the Highlifter arms move the wheels forward they would need to come as a pair as well, otherwise caster would be affected and ball joints would be likely to bind.

One advantage to the SATV arms, and the reason I chose them, is adjustable camber. I was wearing stock tires badly with the stock arms. I don't believe the Highlifter arms have adjustable camber if that is important to you.

The lifts and the arms will come with steering stops. If you install them as per instructions your turning radius will be noticeably increased. Information varies, but without the stops the CV joints in the axles can bind due to increased angle at full suspension extension and turn to lock, and break an axle. Another poster on the Forum recently stated he wasn't running the stops and has no binding issues. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have a 2016 Ranger 900XP. Mine is a crew. I bought and installed the Polaris Ranger XP 900 3" bracket Lift Kit from SuperATV and am very pleased with it. I got a full 3" of additional ground clearance and it still rides and handles the same. I have 26" factory tires but will be upgrading to 28" tires in a few months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, everyone. Changing the A-Arms on front and rear at a cost of $700 (SATV) to only increase ground clearance 1.5 inches doesn't seam to be worth the money. I'm not wanting to move the tires fwd at this time, so I'll go with a lift. Read lots of good positive reviews on the prolift and mma. Thanks to you all again.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks for the info, everyone. Changing the A-Arms on front and rear at a cost of $700 (SATV) to only increase ground clearance 1.5 inches doesn't seam to be worth the money. I'm not wanting to move the tires fwd at this time, so I'll go with a lift. Read lots of good positive reviews on the prolift and mma. Thanks to you all again.
Just a heads up. A member was having axle bind while turning with the 3inch pro lift. I'd stay with the mma or 2" prolift.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
124 Posts
My 2020 ranger would bind with stock arms and 2.5 mma lift at full droop. The axles don’t make many miles at full droop I get that.
I installed super atv high clearance arms and rhino 2.0 on all 4 corners. No more binding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts