PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I some how broke off the fitting on the brake caliper that is used to bleed the brakes. (Fitting that looks similar to a grease fitting).

It looks like it is screwed into the caliper but I can't get it out. Nothing is leaking out. If I run the Ranger this weekend will it be an issue?

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,846 Posts
I some how broke off the fitting on the brake caliper that is used to bleed the brakes. (Fitting that looks similar to a grease fitting).

It looks like it is screwed into the caliper but I can't get it out. Nothing is leaking out. If I run the Ranger this weekend will it be an issue?
You did not state which unit you have, but Polaris has used the same calipers for years.
Would like to know which unit you had to confirm, but the bleeder screw is Polaris part #7081343.

Prior to working on it, I would make sure that the caliper around the bleeder screw and the bleeder screw are very clean before you get started, so you don't get any dirt in the brake system.
You should be able to remove it with the extractor set, make sure you do not have any shavings in the bleeder hole (the center of the bleeder screw) when you get done. I would use a small magnet to be sure there is nothing in the hole.

If you are set on using it this weekend, I would find something to cover the bleeder screw as to keep from getting dirt packed inside it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I'd use a good extractor set, only one thing worse then having to extract a screw and that's extracting the extractor which is darn near imposable and happens frequently with the cheap sets. As for riding it, don't worry if it ain't leaking, nothing coming out nothing can get in, but would do a little local driving just to make sure before I ventured out somewhere.

·
Registered
166 Posts
if it dont extract easily, try applying a little heat around the bleeder with a butane torch.. been there and its a last resort... good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts