PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I've been using EBC for decades on bikes, quads, and now SXS's, and I'm a firm believer in their quality. If you're in the mud a lot, you'll probably want the SV (severe duty) pads that are made from sintered copper alloy.

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
"If you're in the mud a lot, you'll probably want the SV (severe duty) pads that are made from sintered copper alloy."

That is the way to go..........

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
How can one tell if new pads are required?
Best way is to inspect them. Remove tire and there is only 2 bolts holding the caliper on.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
As rediculous as it sounds, I started using brake pads off amazon, the cheaper ones, they hold up great in the mud. They aren't ebc brakes but they are severe duty pads. Only $50 for all for tires.

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
As rediculous as it sounds, I started using brake pads off amazon, the cheaper ones, they hold up great in the mud. They aren't ebc brakes but they are severe duty pads. Only $50 for all for tires.
Yep, I put on Sintered Pads off of EBAY and they hold up very well. ABOUT $ 50.00 for all four corners

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ya know what grinds my gears the most about buggy brake pads?...they're paper thin and cost a retarted price...hell, most of us can buy Automobile brake pads (whole way around, all 4 wheels) for less than we can buy these... Someone needs to come up with automobile sized brakes for these things! lol

Reactions: Expat

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
....... Someone needs to come up with automobile sized brakes for these things! lol
I agree, but the pistons are so short that there's not very much travel to allow a pad much thicker. It really needs a complete caliper redesign in order to make thicker pads work.

Reactions: mustangwagz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.