PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built a roof for a ranger 570 crew with the profit cage?

After doing some research i think im going to build mine out of 3/4” square tubing and sheet metal. For the price these vendors want, i could buy the materials for 3 of them.

Anybody have measurements or a template you can send me? Any advise?

The channel in the cage appears to be 3/4” x 3/4”.

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice..that bumper will tear some stuff up. You want to make me one for my mid size? :)

what roof did you go with under that rack?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what size square tubing did you use? i thought i had some 3/4” but its 1” too big. going tomorrow to buy some.

looking for some advise on building a roof for it. is the front just rolled sheet metal directly bolted to the frame? There is no room to use a square tube frame then sheet metal on top.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I used 3/4 on mine, to keep the weight down, done my son's in 1", it looks good but made it a good bit heavier,
As far as mounting, I run mount over to side bars of roll cage, ran screws straight threw roof into side rails,. Will try to get you a pic later
And for roof, if you could find some 1/2"x 1-1/2 tube to cross slat it and diamond plate steel would look great, but expensive..., But needs to be bent on front and back, and possibly sides, need a break,
This just the way I would do it, just use it for ideas, hope it helps..
Another warning, the link I sent you off eBay, those look real good but they are thin aluminum, you can bend them, u won't bend the steel ones

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The last one I built for a friend, I under the light bar, just some ideas if u decide to build one, I'm learning as I go😁
yep..same here. learning how this thing is put together and how polaris built it so you could had thousands of dollars in accessories to it :p

I was thinking of using 3/4" square stock and using a bender to round the corners, but seems the welds will be stronger at the corners...guess we'll see. thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey PT..can you send me some photos of your rack mounted to your roof/frame? I was able to find a fiberglass roof pretty cheap, so now I'm ready to build my rack. My 40" led bar will be here today. Curious on how to mount on top without damaging the new roof. Thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here's how I mounted it on my new ranger, done all of them a little different, basically used 4-2in. self drilling screws, easy on and off,
I done one for my buddy Honda pioneer, used factory screws coming threw roof to mount his, but Polaris ranger don't have nip screws coming threw roof,
You can put a dab of silicone on your screw before running it in if u worried about leaking
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
man that helps alot, after looking at the location of the screws going thru the roof, which the brackets are attached too, ill just use those to hold the rack down. Im going to get my welder started up this weekend....that light bar and cube lights look just like the ones i bought of amazon :LOL:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine came off eBay so probably are the same, I built mine with front 10in. tilted down, to reflect limbs up, I built the one for my friends Honda with front tilted up and light bar inset in basket for protection, both ways look real good

·
Registered
5 Posts
I laid up my own roof. Cut some Luan down the shape I wanted then laid up three layers of fiberglass and finished it with carbon fiber. Weekend project, quick, easy and super light and stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts