PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Need advise. I bought a 2015 Midsize 570 Ranger 29 September 2014. Every time I use it I smell rubber burning. The first time was traversing a fairly steep incline in LOW gear. I took it to a dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they "checked" it out. Could not find a thing wrong. They told me they checked the belt and saw nothing there either. I was told that some water may have got into the clutch housing from washing it. I don't put it in any water, only a few mud holes in the logging road and these are minor. It is not in 4WD when I do. I went hunting over the past weekend and the same thing happened. This is VERY frustrating. I plan on taking it back to the dealer where I bought it Friday, 13 Feb and telling them to keep it until it is fixed. I'm not used to this with a Polaris. My 1998 Sportsman 500 NEVER gave me any issues.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Even if you don't submerge it, water in the clutch housing is still a possibility. It is VERY difficulty to visually inspect a belt and tell if it has been slipping. I'm betting your problem is the belt.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
How many miles on machine? I had a burning smell for a while on my 500 till everything broke in good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.