PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always carried a 5 gal bucket in the back of my UTVs (used as a trash can, tool box, catch-all, emergency cooler etc). It always slides around or dumps over in the bed so....with my new home made lock n'ride plugs ready to go, I made a simple bracket, and used an old belt to keep the bucket in place.

My bro-in-law gave me a cargo net from a car. I put a S hook on each corner and stuck it in the back of the bed. Now I can keep bigger stuff from sliding around (like ummmm, a cooler for example[:D])

When I installed my winch I noticed something interesting about the Polaris receiver that mounts up high. If you replace all the grill pieces, you can't get to the hitch pin without removing one of the grill pieces again[?] To make things easier I welded a small washer to each of the 2 screws for the top grill piece. They are now thumb screws and can be removed and installed easily.

Finally, a member here (I looked and could find the post again otherwise I give him all the credit!) suggested using a car window sun screen to keep the heat in the engine compartment and out of the cab. This works fantastic, and it costs $6, what a great idea!

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Good ideas.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I like the sun shade idea.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Good ideas Mike. I really like the bucket holder.

G

·
Great ideas. Thats why PRC is goood. Keep thinking and solve more problems.[:p][:p][:)]

ah jest love th' ideas on hyar t'keep old guys like me busy, makin' stuff fo' th' Ranger. ah doesn't like th' buyin' stuff as much it gits me hot water wif th' Wife. "HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU NEED ON THAT THING?"[:0][:(][:D][:D]

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mike, I really like the bucket and sun screen mods!!!! Guess it's back to Wallyworld..........

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hey Mike, did you attach the sun screen in any way? Thanks........

·
Registered
98 Posts
Those are really nice ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JDJHNTR

Hey Mike, did you attach the sun screen in any way? Thanks........
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Actually it lays in there pretty nice by itself (the seat support bracket keeps it aligned), but to be sure it stays put, I just added a little electrical tape at the sides.

·
Special Advisor
8,943 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great ideas, Thanks

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I put a net almost just like that on mine & it works great

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm rather new to the site, and just looking around. The thumbscrews are way too easy for me not to have thought about. I fininshed my winch install just before all the snow this winter, and was stimied on a simple fix--thanks for simplicity. The seat cooler is a great idea, will install as soon as all the snow melts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts