PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to put down a few notes for the benefit of others. I have never before purchased and ATV/UTV until now. I needed something like the Ranger for my land that I have build a house on and now live. I looked and researched Yamaha, John Deere, and Honda thoroughly. The Ranger Crew fits my needs for : utility work on my land (moving logs, dirt, etc), driving the family around the land and neighbors, and turf mode helps not tear up the new lawn and landscaping.

So I just put a down payment on a 2015 Polaris Ranger Crew 570 EPS. I searched many forums and other sites for costs. Some sites that advertized that they knew the 'dealer cost' were probably wrong based on my experience. Here is the process to took:

-Looked up closest dealers to where I live (North Carolina)
-Called, emailed, sent online-quote request through polaris.com, or visited store requesting quotes. I stated I was ready to buy, pay cash and by X date.
-Some dealers emailed immediately, one dealer was upset that I was 'shopping around', some did not respond at all
-I found that prices ranged wildly from $11,000 ($12,499 list) to over about $200 off list. Then the extras I wanted (roof, windshield) were often at cost with installation costs. Which I found rather silly since they are easy to self install with the pro fit system.
-So netting it out I worked with a dealer that offered almost $1500 off cost and discounts on the other items.
-They dealer that I ended up choosing stated that he was able to extend such a discount due to the volume of Polaris stock they move.

This dealer also was extremely responsive and very easy to work with. Zero pressure. I myself am a salesman so I can appreciate their approach. Anyway, hope this helps not only future Ranger buyers but anyone buying a Polaris product. And advice to dealers that read this thread:

-Be responsive, call, email immediately
-Don't play games, and patronize your customer. Do not make up 'installation costs' when they are not relevant
-Put it in writing, email will do.
-Customer do more research than ever especially the connected world we have today. Folks rarely drop over $1,000+ without some research online.
-Sorry but the model of 'I want to be your buddy and I deserve the sale' does not justify spending more than $500+ than the next guy. I am buying a product a thing, a big toy, not a friendship.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am not a Polaris guy, per se, but Yamaha's lack of UTV innovation and, more importantly, the Polaris dealership's willingness to do a deal in an up front manner like you described made switching brands all the more enticing.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Abernathy's in Tenn from what I've seen out sells everyone. If your in NC. Your dam close.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Abernathy's in Tenn from what I've seen out sells everyone. If your in NC. Your dam close.
^^This.. I cant speak for any other dealers, but when I bought my 900 Crew last November, Abernathy's was a good enough deal to justify an 8 hour drive up from the Gulf Coast, and spend the night in a hotel. I tried to work with my local dealer, but he just couldn't or wouldn't compete. Got my Crew with roof, glass windshield, and rear glass, plus bought the gas to make the drive and hotel and cost to eat for a couple days all for considerably less than any other dealer within a couple hundred miles of home. Local dealer wasn't very happy with me at all for even calling around. High volume means they can buy at volume discounts from the manufacturer and hopefully pass on that savings to you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've have purchased many motorcycles and two side by sides over the years and found that I prefer to deal with dealers that are what I call "a one horse dealer", that is, they have one location and not affiliated with a large group of company owned dealers. Since I live in the DFW area there are several dealers to deal with and most are the mega dealers, but there are still a few that are a one horse operation and dealing with them is much more to my liking. Most of the one horse dealers you will be dealing with the owner and not some kid that is just the start of the dreadful process that will be coming your way from a mega dealer. I also disagree that some dealers get their vehicles for less then other dealers do, I think if this was true you would find Polaris in court with many of their smaller dealers. I'm retired from Chevrolet Motor Division and all vehicles were sold to each dealer for the same price, the only difference was that some dealers paid more in freight because of their location, but still there was no more then $100.00 difference where ever you were location here in the U.S., out of county is a different story.

John

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Both Abernathy's and Benton are easy and painless to deal with and the prices at both are VERY close.
I have bought from both.
They are locally owned and not franchises.
Larger volume dealers do get special perks from Polaris.
Abernathy's is Polaris' largest volume dealer in the US for atv's and sxs.
Benton is a fast growing high volume dealer with plans to be much larger in the near future.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I'll agree volume dealers probably do get perks, but highly doubt it's monetary. Cash savings will come from only a few things, high volume sales, paying interest on to much inventory, factory incentives/rebates, you could also argue overhead, but the one thing that drives any discount.....willingness to cut the bottom line.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I had called Abernathys about the Phoenix 200 for my kids , they had a left over for $1000. less then the 2015. But the salesman said they don't ship, you need to walk in the door to buy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
where did you buy from? I just purchased mine from sport cycles In Rockingham, they were fast to respond and had e best prices I could find. I just got a black pearl LE 900 for 12999 otd.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can't speak from the atv/utv industry, but I can in the outdoor power equipment. Some do it like STHIL, one fixed dealer price, then there are % dealer discounts. These are based on the units and the accessories they purchase on a yearly basis and training the dealer attends and the level of training the shop technicians are. The mowers, are simply based on the volume you purchase yearly, which sets your level and what the dealer pays. Some like STHIL, even protect their pricing to what they nationally advertise......so if you want the discounts, you must play by their rules!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
x2 for Sport Cycles. They were great to deal with!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just bought a 2015 ranger 900xp in camo from Petes cycle in Balt Md the whole process was painless asked for an on line quote from several place local and not they were the fastest to respond and the cheapest in the long run paid 12500 out the door no hidden fees. I love this thing way better than any ATV I've ever owned

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good price. I just bought a 2015 Polaris Crew with power steering Sunset Red for $11,200 and I thought I got a good deal. He also gives me 15% off for the first year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
See Dealer Cost is a site that tells you pretty much what a dealer is making off you, the site is for "toys" not cars/ trucks but does include motorcycles n stuff.... I checked the site out before looking and even brought it up

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought from BattleCreek Powersports in Jasper TN. Easy, no frills, straight forward transaction. Tammy is the Sales Manager and is a dream to work with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts