PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per previous post, located a 2013 900 ranger but the guy says bank has title, not a local lender it is ge finance. He wants me to pay him, take ranger with me and he will pay off lender and send me the title. This doesnt sound safe though i dont distrust the guy

Any tips on how to buy used and how to do all of this to avoid getting burned? He has another interested buyer who said they could finance thru their bank and simply transfer title. I was looking to pay cash. Some of these complications make buying new easier and safer, but more costly

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you financing yourself? If so, your bank will send the payment directly to the current lien holder. Otherwise, your payment should be made out to the seller AND GE Finance. He will have to endorse the check and then send it to GE. They'll pay off the lien and send him the remainder.

Buying these things used is a pain in my state, as we don't have titles or anyway to register a lien.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My rule is to never buy used unless I know exactly how the machine was used and who used it. These machines are jumped, raced, smashed and endure all kinds of abuse. Buying used is such a risk, but at the right price it can be a calculated risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I personally would not give money to the seller if he can't provide you with the title on the spot and all is correct on the title or MSO. Best way is have your banker deal with his lean holder and let them handle the paper work, this way you are protected. Seller will most likely not release vehicle to you until he is assured that funds have been received for full payment on his note. I personally look for deals on used vehicle that the seller has the title in hand and don't deal with ones that don't, asking if the seller has the title in hand is the first thing I do if I'm interested in the seller vehicle.

John

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bought my motorcycle the same way. I paid for it and got a bill of sale took it home he paid off the loan and I received the title a few weeks later no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts