PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bypass as on Rzr cannot go on one to tidy up 1000 according to the plan on the technical documentation, somebody made one tries?
Bypass ranger 2018.PNG

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just took the two wires going to the buckle, cut the plug off, stripped the ends and crimped them together and covered in heat shrink and tucked the wire down under the seat out of the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your answers, I already have the bypass who come from my RZR900 more than 3 weeks to connect :fat:

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I can’t believe people are cutting up their wiring when the plug is 9.99 from amazon or 17.99 for two. ??*♂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
is there a need for a bypass on the passenger seat as well?

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just installed the $9.65 bypass plug, works great. No more stuffing the seat belt behind the seat.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Kids, pshaw. It's a valet key!
Exactly! I’m more worried about a buddy that is 2 dog beers (14) into the afternoon wanting to “just quick run back to the camper” and gets in and hammers it to the floor to do a “watch this!” style exit. Nope, not with mine.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Google "Polaris seat belt bypass."

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just have my seatbelt buckled all the time and leave it right against the backrest. Forget its even there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I just wear my seat belt if I plan on going over 15 mph. I've see the aftermath of way too many crashes over the years. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just wear my seat belt if I plan on going over 15 mph. I've see the aftermath of way too many crashes over the years. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you about wearing a seat belt that it should be worn at higher speeds, but sometimes you need the extra power at lower speeds even under 15 mph. The safety does not really limit your speed, but it does limit your RPMs. Like mud riding, fence work, etc. where putting on and taking off a seat belt doing 5 mph or less every 6' would be a pain in the rear. We ride ours through swamps, crawfish ponds, bayous, etc. where most of the time if we are doing less than 5 mph and you need all the power you can get.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts