PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Those are really cool!
But I can't use them because I physically removed my seat belts. Sitting in a box in my shop, woohoo.
I tried to remove mine so I could see what was wrong with it, but I broke torx head bit trying to loosen the bolt. That thing is super tight or left hand threads or something. I'll just wait til I have time and get it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Just bought a 2018 ranger 1000xp. The seatbelt light is on and stays on. after checking the issue and research I went to connect the two wires together. Come to find out they are already connected together! So, my question is, if the two wires are together, why is the seat belt speed limiter still being applied?? Is there a fuse or relay somewhere that may have been blown?
Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Probably a short somewhere. Your going to have to trace the wires back. For the heck of it first, to make sure its its not in the buckle itself. Unplug it and run a jumper wire across on the motor side of the plug

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried doing that too. I do not have the motor end of the plugs to reconnect like it was from the factory. I took some connectors to make a fake plug hoping that may at least give me an indication. Still blinks.
Electrical stuff is so nerve racking, especially when I don't know anything about it.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Someone cut it off and taped the wires together then? That should have worked. If its not, then there's probably another break in the wires somewhere not letting it complete the circuit. Just have to find it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is correct. I just got done testing to make sure power/current was getting to that point. There is power, just not completing the path. I've been trying to see if there is an relay or fuse that could be bad. Any ideas there? There is a plug in the side of the accelerator that seem to have matching wires. not sure if that's related or not.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts