PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased. 2015 Ranger 570 Full
As I was reading all the safty labels I found that that California model only has a pay load of 600 lbs in the bed.
Does anyone know what Change Polaris did to this model? Or is everything the same and California only allow this weight?

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of that. My suspicion is it must be a Cali' regulation. The Polaris site spec's 1000# box capacity, 1500# payload, and 2000# towing. Nothing else noted on their website regarding any special Cali reg's.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's a California thing I believe. Gotta love it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
600 Kg is 1322 pounds. check the other specs to make sure you are reading imperial units, not metric. I think they list them as CA (Canadian)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The owners manual specifications read "Max. Cargo Box Load 600 lbs. Models sold in California"

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd bet it's just a different specified amount to pass California's weird regulations but not actually a physical difference. I bet yours would haul just as much just as well as any in any other state.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I'd bet it's just a different specified amount to pass California's weird regulations but not actually a physical difference. I bet yours would haul just as much just as well as any in any other state.
Ditto. I know there are reg's regarding the payload versus horsepower. I know that it has changed and have no idea what the current spec' is, but the reg' used to be that machines with a bed capacity of more than 400# were limited to 40 hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts