PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy 2020 1000xp. it came without a windshield and the OEM glass windshield cost tons here.
I am thinking of getting SATV poly windshield. but I am needing a wiper.

anyone installed a wiper on a poly windshield ? any recommendations ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I am about to buy 2020 1000xp. it came without a windshield and the OEM glass windshield cost tons here.

Thanks

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
How will poly hold up to a wiper ?

Reactions: 8Dogman

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
How will poly hold up to a wiper ?
I had it on my 2016, it held great, try not to tighten it so hard.

I found it more effective after I sprayed (periodically) "Rain-X for plastic" on the MR-10 lexan.

I installed it a little bit off the bottom middle to the right so if I have a passenger, he/she becomes automatically an intermittent wiper minion.

I guess that for Lefties it's going to be more comfortable on the top left pointing down.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ranger-leech

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Great info I do have full glass , Although I have been asked about poly I will pass this info !

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,056 Posts
All poly windshields aren’t the same. Some have an extra hard coating and are relatively hard to scratch and some don’t. Seizmik did some videos and I’m sure others have well.

If you have a softer or noncoated version, any debris on the windshield is likely to scratch as it cleans with a windshield wiper.

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
When I bought my new 800 Ranger I bought a Polaris Poly windshield, I went out one morning and there was dew on the windshield from overnight. So I went and grabbed the rubber squeegee I use on my house windows and squeegeed it and took off for a ride. By the time it dried and I stopped to get a beverage. I noticed I had scratched the crap out of my two week old windshield. Useing a rubber squeegie. If you buy poly it MUST BE hard coat or your wasting your money.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just used a squeegee yesterday on my hard coated windshield with no ill affects.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks
I have no idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks
If you install a poly windshield it will scratch the first time you get mud on it and turn on the wiper. You can install a wiper on anything. If you want to be able to see safely, cough up the bucks for a glass windshield. You won't remember the price in 6 mos. If you waste your money on a poly windshield you will either be disappointed, or you will eventually buy a glass windshield and you will never forget the price of the poly windshield!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you install a poly windshield it will scratch the first time you get mud on it and turn on the wiper. You can install a wiper on anything. If you want to be able to see safely, cough up the bucks for a glass windshield. You won't remember the price in 6 mos. If you waste your money on a poly windshield you will either be disappointed, or you will eventually buy a glass windshield and you will never forget the price of the poly windshield!

after reading all comments , bought a glass windshield.
Thank you guys

Reactions: jimh406
1 - 14 of 14 Posts