PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I change all the fluids in the spring or at the recommended hours which ever comes first.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Very dusty where I ride, so I change all the fluids every 50 hours.:glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks I should probably change mine,have not done it yet, I have 390 miles on it, I have a 2014 800.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Every 100 hours is the light duty interval. I change mine every 50 hours.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Manual says change fluid every year.

That's what I do.

Sometimes that means 400 hours, sometimes around 800.

Had 4 transmission failures between the two rangers I've been running polaris gear oils in. The 3rd ranger was drained and refilled with Amsoil's reccomended oil for the trans/diff and front diff when we purchased it at 600hours. 1000 hours since purchase and no drivetrain failures at all yet. Take it for what it's worth.

FYI, from a warranty standpoint, you must change oil yearly in your machine and have it documented at the dealer. My last transmission rebuilt (2nd on that machine in 6 months) warranty complained and tried really hard to deny my claim on any technicality they could find. You can beat them back with documentation. and it's gotta come from the dealer, even though the manual says you can do it yourself.

If I changed my oil every 50 hours in all compartments, I'd spend as much on oil as I do on gas.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I had my engine replaced under warranty with no issue after showing my records of my own oil changes and receipts of the oil and filter I used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts