PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a cheaper full door for the XP 900's? I am just looking for something to break the wind when I am plowing, I can't afford Polaris doors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm looking also.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm looking as well. I have an FTD Cab system and would like to add doors. Any experience with Seizmik doors? They claim they will work with any roof. If I recall they run about $800.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking as well. I have an FTD Cab system and would like to add doors. Any experience with Seizmik doors? They claim they will work with any roof. If I recall they run about $800.
These ones aren't Seizmik, they don't have anything yet for the XP 900's. I called these guys, and they said they will work. They are basically just zip on panels though, I just need something to break the wind. I have lived in MN for 30+ years, I can handle a little cold. lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I went to the UTV link the doors are $269..not bad....a good door for the price I think...Polaris should be ashamed to charge $800. bucks for the doors....or $500. bucks for that dam windshield. And I bought both.

·
Registered
273 Posts
These ones aren't Seizmik, they don't have anything yet for the XP 900's. I called these guys, and they said they will work. They are basically just zip on panels though, I just need something to break the wind. I have lived in MN for 30+ years, I can handle a little cold. lol
Sorry I didn't catch the 900.... I knew those weren't Seizmik just wondered if anyone has first hand experience with seizmik

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the UTV link the doors are $269..not bad....a good door for the price I think...Polaris should be ashamed to charge $800. bucks for the doors....or $500. bucks for that dam windshield. And I bought both.
For the price they look nice, I am half tempted to try them.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would love to build my own doors but I can't seem to find the factory hardware for a decent price. If I had the latch and hinges I could fabricate off of that. Does anyone know where to get that stuff. Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Assuming you have access to a welder since you said you were going to build doors I bought my hinges from here - Welding Hinge, Two Piece Steel - Weld-on Hinges - Welding Hinges | HardwareSource.com used the 5/16 inch pin size.

Bought my latches from Pro Armor SLAM LATCH (Fits RZR, RZR-S, XP900, and Front doors of RZR4 /XP4 Door models) - the site says Rzr but they work fine for the Ranger.

I copied the hinge design that Polaris uses for their half doors by looking at the photos on their site. Ended up skinning the doors with 3/16 tinted polycarbonate, turned out nice, had about $200 total into it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Assuming you have access to a welder since you said you were going to build doors I bought my hinges from here - Welding Hinge, Two Piece Steel - Weld-on Hinges - Welding Hinges | HardwareSource.com used the 5/16 inch pin size.

Bought my latches from Pro Armor SLAM LATCH (Fits RZR, RZR-S, XP900, and Front doors of RZR4 /XP4 Door models) - the site says Rzr but they work fine for the Ranger.

I copied the hinge design that Polaris uses for their half doors by looking at the photos on their site. Ended up skinning the doors with 3/16 tinted polycarbonate, turned out nice, had about $200 total into it.
Some pics of your work would be nice.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
They look really good. Top notch work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks, and apologies to Rich for hijacking his thread.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Look great thanks for the hinge info!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
They do look great......I have my own welding/sheetmetal shop ...so come spring. I'll make my own set od half doors and a couple extra sets to sell... But you did a great job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts