PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this code is. I had it happen several times last week. Engine goes into reduced power mode until you turn the machine off and back on and sometimes it took several restarts before it would clear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can anyone tell me what this code is. I had it happen several times last week. Engine goes into reduced power mode until you turn the machine off and back on and sometimes it took several restarts before it would clear.
Throttle position sensor failure.. Correlation failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Huh...Interesting. I just took delivery of a new 2014 900 Crew. The first weekend I had it I had exactly the same problem, amongst other issues. The dealer checked it out, and stated there were no problems with the machine. I went to their store to drive another new unit with the sales manager, and guess what...it happened in their parking lot!!! I brought up the TPS that I have read so much about on these forums, didn't seem to phase the service manager. By the way, for any of you in Northern Arizona area, DO NOT do business with Northland Motorsports in Flagstaff!!! Service after the sale is deplorable and they DON'T CARE about you!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
84 2... typical speed sensor issue. Dealer should have a fix for it. To get u by run in low for a couple minutes keeping your rpms over 4500. The check engine light will turn off.. then turn off the Ranger... it's a reset and brings everything back to normal ...till it happens again. There are MSN post on here about the 84 2 code!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes the code went away after driving in low. I figured it was that speed sensor. Will the dealer replace the speed sensor or just reprogram it? I dont want to haul my ranger 60 miles if they dont do anything now that its gone. Maybe I could just take the sensor alone to them and have them replace it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a 2018 ranger 500 code pop up 065613 i just put a new senser on took battery cable off put back on still stuck in gimp mode any suggestions would help me alot thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts