PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2016 Ranger Crew 570 EFI at a farm auction. Knew it was a risky move but got it really cheap. Wanted it for the wife to use to run to the barn and garden hauling the days harvest. Tires were all flat, it had been sitting for about a year, I was told. It was very dirty but they had put a battery in it and it started right up. Had a check engine light on and a code 0 84 2 stored. Did a quick search on my phone to see that speed sensor problems were not uncommon. Knew I was in for a little bit of a battle but thought it was worth the gamble for the price. Immediately regretted the decision! Suspension was completely trashed (never, ever saw a grease gun), wheel bearings were all trashed, brakes were shot, U-joints were shot. I am a retired automotive repair shop owner so these were fairly small repairs for me to tackle, not much different than cars just a lot easier and parts were smaller. Got all the obvious problems taken care of and cleaned it up. Turned out to be a pretty good looking Ranger. Now dealing with the check engine light. Replaced the speed sensor but light is still on and it has no acceleration. Cant seem to find a lot of detailed info on clearing the codes and what to check next. Not sure where to go from here. Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Start at the speed sensor and follow the wire harness. You'll probably find the wire harness rubbed through somewhere along the line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts