PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
This may have been addressed before, but oh well; at least I'm trying to put out what I believe is a new idea for mounting the extras to your roll bar without drilling thus reducing its strength, looks and preventing rust..
We mounted a rear view mirror, altimeter and a flag mount thus far on our new ranger using hardware procured at Home Depot.
What we did was buy 1 1/2" clamps (#4) @ 96 cents ea. found in the electrical section of Home Depot, added heat shrink or black plastic tape to clamp to protect the roll bar finish (please see the three pictures enclosed) and well all be darn this type of clamp (has a pre-drilled hole) now provides a strong mounting base to add all the whatever’s each member would like to add to his or her unit. This removable/movable clamp can be relocated at will as your XP requirements change.

Enjoy,
RSQ142

· Registered
994 Posts
great idea.
Joe in Tucson

· Registered
2,126 Posts
Over in the plumbing department is another type of clamp that I found useful. They are for suspending steel pipe from girders and come in a variety of sizes. Most of them come with a hole tapped to 3/8-16 and they're very strong. Here's some of the ways I've used them:

A fender mount:

A mirror mount:

A mount for a "helmet cam":

A wrap of tape or strip of innertube is usually all that's needed to get a tight fit.

· Registered
57 Posts
Fantastic Ideas. I think I'll try them with that tool grip stuff, "Plasti - Dip".

· Registered
7,898 Posts
Great ideas Guys!!

brian

· Registered
80 Posts
great idea i also used those clamps on my front bumper for extra lights

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.