PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sand, I bought the same unit. #1 You could probably get away with an extension. The support bar that mounts under the bed has plenty of reach for one.

#2 I don't believe you'll need a drop hitch. The two drop links also have quite a bit of adjustment. And if they didn't....I would find a way to extend those rather than a drop hitch.

Now, I don't have any time on mine yet. But have seen some tore up hitches and where they mount to the frame on the forum. The set up seems pretty sturdy for dragging the implements in a straight line. But with down force and sharp turns...I believe will put too much lateral force on the receiver. For me....big swoopin turns or lift and head back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Man this looks like a good deal, not sure if I would use the rake...but just to have that electric 3 point lift would be awesome. Endless attachments you could make for it.

·
Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sand, I bought the same unit. #1 You could probably get away with an extension. The support bar that mounts under the bed has plenty of reach for one.

#2 I don't believe you'll need a drop hitch. The two drop links also have quite a bit of adjustment. And if they didn't....I would find a way to extend those rather than a drop hitch.

Now, I don't have any time on mine yet. But have seen some tore up hitches and where they mount to the frame on the forum. The set up seems pretty sturdy for dragging the implements in a straight line. But with down force and sharp turns...I believe will put too much lateral force on the receiver. For me....big swoopin turns or lift and head back.
Thank you for that input RJ, very helpful for any potential customers / thread followers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought the disk/rake combo, took ME about 5 hrs by myself to get it all assembled, put on, and tested. I have not given the disk a good workout yet, but the landscape rake works like a champ. We're going to plant about 5 1 acre deer food plots this weekend, I'll know about the disk after that. So far I'm pretty impressed.
Phil

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any chance of lowering the price back down to 499.00 on ebay?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pm'd Zach about the kit

·
Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I bought the disk/rake combo, took ME about 5 hrs by myself to get it all assembled, put on, and tested. I have not given the disk a good workout yet, but the landscape rake works like a champ. We're going to plant about 5 1 acre deer food plots this weekend, I'll know about the disk after that. So far I'm pretty impressed.
Phil
Awesome to hear, hope you get some good use out of it this summer!

I don't think it was ever at $499.99, the combo pack to my knowledge is the same price when I originally made this thread. In fact, we lowered the price of one of the attachments since then.

Pm'd Zach about the kit
PM Sent.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Awesome to hear, hope you get some good use out of it this summer!

I don't think it was ever at $499.99, the combo pack to my knowledge is the same price when I originally made this thread. In fact, we lowered the price of one of the attachments since then.

PM Sent.
I paid 499.95 on ebay bought it Mar 09, 2018.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What did you guys mount the upper support arm to? There isn't exactly a great piece of framing there to hook the U-bolts to.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I paid 499.95 on ebay bought it Mar 09, 2018.
I think what happened is that ebay had a coupon, vendors saw the opportunity to raise prices and they did so.

·
Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Phil
Pm'd Zach about the kit
I think what happened is that ebay had a coupon, vendors saw the opportunity to raise prices and they did so.
That must have been what happened.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Phil
We used the disk setup to plant 4 1 acre food plots last Saturday. The disk does the job, but takes about 4 passes to do what our 5' disk and tractor accomplishes in one pass. Now on the areas we had disked last year it worked great with only 1 pass. I used the landscape rake to cover up all the plots we planted, it worked well for this. Found out it was very important to have the disk running absolutely level to get good performance. Overall I'm pretty impressed with this setup for what it is and the cost.
Phil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Upper Bracket

Sand,
I had to cut the supplied bracket shorter and mounted it here:

Attachments

Reactions: jobo2856

·
Registered
273 Posts
We used the disk setup to plant 4 1 acre food plots last Saturday. The disk does the job, but takes about 4 passes to do what our 5' disk and tractor accomplishes in one pass. Now on the areas we had disked last year it worked great with only 1 pass. I used the landscape rake to cover up all the plots we planted, it worked well for this. Found out it was very important to have the disk running absolutely level to get good performance. Overall I'm pretty impressed with this setup for what it is and the cost.
Phil
Thanks for the review. I’ve been working some smaller areas in my woods where it’s been unmanaged forever. I’ve removed a lot of dead falls and some saplings and slightly larger diameter trees. There is a mojority of level ground but quite a few “mounds” from trunks that have melted in the ground over the years. Standard pine / oak mix sandy soil forest land. How do you think it would do in this situation?

I bought the Groundhog Max a few months ago prior to seeing this... plan is to use it on my ATV. I’m extremely tempted though to purchase the RAnger Disc and rake.

Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the review. I’ve been working some smaller areas in my woods where it’s been unmanaged forever. I’ve removed a lot of dead falls and some saplings and slightly larger diameter trees. There is a mojority of level ground but quite a few “mounds” from trunks that have melted in the ground over the years. Standard pine / oak mix sandy soil forest land. How do you think it would do in this situation?

I bought the Groundhog Max a few months ago prior to seeing this... plan is to use it on my ATV. I’m extremely tempted though to purchase the RAnger Disc and rake.

Mike
I really don't think if it would work for that , I used it on a powerline right of way that runs through my property, and we keep it mowed. with the disk digging it's somewhat of a chore to make tight turns, and I would think it's going to take several passes to get to the soil under the leaves. My place is mixed hardwood/ pine plantation, so I think I know what you're trying to do. We tried to make us a food plot in the pine plantation last year and ruined a double bit breaking plow in the process. Roots are going to be a problem. Hope that helps.
But It's still a heck of a deal for what it is.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I really don't think if it would work for that , I used it on a powerline right of way that runs through my property, and we keep it mowed. with the disk digging it's somewhat of a chore to make tight turns, and I would think it's going to take several passes to get to the soil under the leaves. My place is mixed hardwood/ pine plantation, so I think I know what you're trying to do. We tried to make us a food plot in the pine plantation last year and ruined a double bit breaking plow in the process. Roots are going to be a problem. Hope that helps.
But It's still a heck of a deal for what it is.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your input.

Mike

·
Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I appreciate all of the business, really hoping someone can grab a good video of their system in use? We still have quite a few of these in stock and will continue to keep the price low until they are gone!

·
Registered
11 Posts
First use of disc

OK all, I finally made it up the the Yoop to work up my food plot. I am pretty happy with how the set up works. You do have to make a few passes but that's OK as long as I can spend time in the woods.
I was by myself so no video was taken. Also, my ground is really soft/wet.

Back 1.jpg Back 4.jpg

Reactions: jobo2856
21 - 40 of 42 Posts