PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had dealer install a qsc clutch kit on ranger 900. He didn't install the shims with different rpm engagements at 1800, 2000, 2200. My engagement is now at 1400. It has a smooth takeoff but have not rode it to see what differences it has. Is 1400 to low of rpm engagement? Should the shims be put in for higher rpm engagement?

·
Vendor
2,179 Posts
had dealer install a qsc clutch kit on ranger 900. He didn't install the shims with different rpm engagements at 1800, 2000, 2200. My engagement is now at 1400. It has a smooth takeoff but have not rode it to see what differences it has. Is 1400 to low of rpm engagement? Should the shims be put in for higher rpm engagement?
The lower the better to me

·
Registered
493 Posts
If your are running big tires and and mud/sugar sand, the higher RPM engagement is better on the other end... keeping the power? Atleast thats what was told to me. And by my explanation, you can tell I am NO clutch guy.

I am real curious about the Duraclutch... want some real world feedback from guys running big tires in mud/sugar sand in the south...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Engagement has nothing to do on the big end, it only puts more power to the ground quicker and from a dead stop could cause problems. Higher engagement is normally desired only in drag racing, back in my sled racing days we would shoot for around 6000rpm's. Spring rate, shift weights profile and weight along with the secondary spring and helix are the adjustments to maintain engine in it's power band and not something most should mess with, without the aid of a dyno takes a couple of identical units and a ton of trial and error.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's a better way to put it & makes more sense... more power at initial engagement.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Chris, for River Ranch I think it would be a great add. It's on my list of things to add to my 900 crew when I get around to it. That place is tough on belts. If you watch the videos of how it works you'll see the advantage

·
Registered
493 Posts
Tell me about it! Sugar sand with a loaded down crew.... it is ruthless.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know my crew will be loaded down next weekend... TCR time!!!! As long as the old fart buzz kills don't figure out a way to block off our entry between now and then. I'll be there this weekend and will definitely be cruising past that gate to see if there's been progress.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'll be out Saturday myself... It better be ready!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Guess I need to take any shims out of mine... I hate the "stall".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not trying to derail the post but TCR signed the contract so the gate will be open from RR to TCR.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That info from TCR or RR?

·
Registered
26 Posts
RR
went last week to update my card and the lady making cards said they had signed and the gate will be open.

·
Registered
493 Posts
RR
went last week to update my card and the lady making cards said they had signed and the gate will be open.
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yea, same boat... $1200 is a tough pill to swallow. I have the QSC, but not sure it is what I need. These tires, and the weight of a loaded crew, riding through a lot of sugar sand, seems like I need more... I think I finally got an official response https://www.facebook.com/groups/358178502461/

·
Registered
493 Posts
We will be Thursday night as well... I PM'd you my #

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.