PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to read up on this. I have a 2015 Ranger XP 900, and I just got a Camso track kit. I was told I need a relocation kit for my Ranger, called the shop up, they ordered a kit in, but when it came it, they said that it wasn't something I'd want. Like it was to add the frog skin stuff to my machine, but I already had that. Then they found that it was for the 2013-2014s. Didn't say anything about the 15. I thought I read were there was something to put in the intake, to keep the snow out, and then just remove it after winter. The more I read, the more confused I became.

So do I need to do anything to my 15? Does fine snow go through the frog skin? I know the season is about over, but well we can still get some snow. I don't do much of any deep snow riding.....ditch banging and might make it to the timber to get some firewood.

Any pics would be great, as I viewed a thread, but the pics must have been removed, as there wasn't anything there to view.

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
Your Dealer didn’t read or understand the information that is provided by Polaris.
The 2 kits have different names and contents, the information is available for them to look at and read.

2205192 Polaris Intake Relocation Kit.
Apprx $45
058F472B-2FAC-42E1-A23E-8A9A5C1F8F15.jpeg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Hunterworks, I did see that on Duraclutches site. I'm not thrilled by drilling holes. Just not my thing. I'll try to the other one, and see how that works. I shouldn't have to do anything to my Duraclutch for running tracks....I'm assuming.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I use the genuine OEM Polaris intake snow kit and mounted it behind the driver's seart after cutting the back side out to match the front (more air intake). I covered it with a homemade frogskin like bag my wife rigged up for me. I take it out and clean it fairly regularly.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have the kits Greg listed, but changed it a bit. I have been known to be hard on belts and didn't like the insert Polaris includes with the kit and since I never plan to go back to the sides I ended up cutting the stock clutch tube and putting 1/4 in SS hardware cloth over to opening to keep leaves out instead of just sticking the open cell foam thingy in the end of the clutch tube. I also have a BlowHole clutch exhaust fan from Hunterworks so hopefully dust that does get sucked just mostly gets sucked through. I do service my clutches annually and will be keeping an eye on it. It it look like it is getting dusty I will put an Outerwear sock over it.
01 Clutch.jpg

For the engine intake I took about 1/2 in off the depth to get a little more room about the inlet and also used 1/4 SS hardware cloth.
01 Intake.jpg

·
Vendor
2,099 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Hunterworks, I did see that on Duraclutches site. I'm not thrilled by drilling holes. Just not my thing. I'll try to the other one, and see how that works. I shouldn't have to do anything to my Duraclutch for running tracks....I'm assuming.
Not too it but to be successful with tracks depending on how you drive with them maybe a inline blower and of course the relocation of the intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts