PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having any luck finding a clutch kit for the 570 yet?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'd say you could just order one for a razr.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But then I'd be out the cash if it doesn't lol

·
Vendor
2,103 Posts
Call hunterworks .. Todd will know what it needs
Thanks but we do not have one for the 570 Ranger and I would not use a 570 RZR one either, not remotely the same in my opinion. Hate to say this but if Dalton does not do it neither do we.

Ranger's of any kind are hard to have a clutch kit for, they as a general rule have too low of low gear and high is too high, hard to overcome with clutching.

Todd

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was at my dealership today and EPI has a 2014 570 clutch kits (utility and/or mudding) versions. Only about $200 bucks Canadian. After I deal with new rims, tires, spacers and lift, I will get it and let you know how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
whats different on the 570 clutch compared to the 500 ?

·
Registered
284 Posts
just from looking a pics on a parts break down primary looks the same as 500 and secondary looks the same as a full size or rzr clutch. I would start with getting a stiffer secondary spring and primary spring. u can order them from EPI just the springs pretty cheap like $25 a spring.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just found out that CVTECH has one for the 570, I may have 3P dial it in for me. Will be calling them tomorrow morning. I'd like to have while I have the buggy torn apart.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I just saw that, now that's what im working towards!!! clutch kit, gear lift and 32" juggarnauts!!!! (miller lite dreaming)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I emails the Duraclutch people asking about one for my '15 570. The response I got was that they currently don't have one but that one is planned for the future. Since my machine is new and I don't work it that hard it'll probably be fine as is, but by the time the belt is worn out instead of replacing it I think I'll pony up for the Duraclutch, one should be available by then.

·
Registered
533 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I emails the Duraclutch people asking about one for my '15 570. The response I got was that they currently don't have one but that one is planned for the future. Since my machine is new and I don't work it that hard it'll probably be fine as is, but by the time the belt is worn out instead of replacing it I think I'll pony up for the Duraclutch, one should be available by then.
Uh pyromedic, when the clutch belt becomes worn past its usable specs it must be replaced. You can not simply decide between a replacement clutch belt and a clutch kit. CVT Clutch Kits are designed to work with a clutch belt that is within its suggested operating specifications.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Uh pyromedic, when the clutch belt becomes worn past its usable specs it must be replaced. You can not simply decide between a replacement clutch belt and a clutch kit. CVT Clutch Kits are designed to work with a clutch belt that is within its suggested operating specifications.
Perhaps I wasn't clear, as I understand it, if you purchase the entire kit from Duraclutch, it includes the belt, front (driving) and rear (driven) clutches. From the research I've done the Duraclutch is superior to the stocker in several respects. It has smoother engagement, uses a centrifugal clutch in conjunction with the variable clutch and will also provide engine braking down to very low speeds. Yeah, it's $1200, but rather than put a couple hundred into a new belt and spring kit plus replace any stock clutch parts that are worn, I rather put the money toward a better system which I believe the Duraclutch is.

·
Vendor
2,103 Posts
Perhaps I wasn't clear, as I understand it, if you purchase the entire kit from Duraclutch, it includes the belt, front (driving) and rear (driven) clutches. From the research I've done the Duraclutch is superior to the stocker in several respects. It has smoother engagement, uses a centrifugal clutch in conjunction with the variable clutch and will also provide engine braking down to very low speeds. Yeah, it's $1200, but rather than put a couple hundred into a new belt and spring kit plus replace any stock clutch parts that are worn, I rather put the money toward a better system which I believe the Duraclutch is.
Not available for a 570 and no plans to at this time though.

Todd

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was at my dealership today and EPI has a 2014 570 clutch kits (utility and/or mudding) versions. Only about $200 bucks Canadian. After I deal with new rims, tires, spacers and lift, I will get it and let you know how it works out.

Did you buy the clutch kit? I ordered the mudder kit waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Did you buy the clutch kit? I ordered the mudder kit waiting for it to arrive.
I haven't yet but I plan on getting it in the near future. Please let me know how installation goes if you're doing it yourself. And what the difference you notice in performance. I plan on getting the mudder one too.

I'd like to install myself as labour costs are crazy expensive but I've never worked on a clutch before. The videos online make it look easy.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll order the mudder kit as soon as I can sell the outlaw2's I have taking up space lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts