PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm running these 29.5 Swamplites and will be in some thick mud during duck season, it's time to go ahead and upgrade the stock clutch. I am leaning towards the EPI Mudder Clutch because of the price and I have yet to see any negatives. I'm sure there are better clutches with higher performance, but for all I'll be using this for I think it'll suffice. What are your thoughts on the EPI and should I consider a different clutch?

Also, I heard that the Crew's are either geared or clutched lower than the XPs from factory. Which is it, the tranny or the clutch?

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
They are geared lower. Every machine I've ever had ran DDP clutches. They always work awesome!

·
Registered
621 Posts
QSC gives some good gains, and in addition to a full clutch kit they also offer a complete replacement primary. It makes the stock primary look like a tinker toy. Mine with just the primary and stock sorting would pull harder out of the hole and had improved midrange punch. With the qsc setup you get a custom tailored kit to how you use your machine and how your machine is setup, which yields better acceleration along with a more positive belt grab for extended belt life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts