PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched on which is better and why and am having a hard time making up my mind on rhino axles or cobra axles. Cobra is about 100-200 more for all four axles, are they better and worth the extra $. Long story short I have 2014 ranger 900 crew diy lexan roof,windshield,and rear panel, polaris full doors, 4000lb winch outkast 3" full a arm lift 15" msa lok21 wheels with 31x10x15 outback max tires. Before adding the wheels and tires but with lift on I was ok axle wise but as soon as the wheels added another 2" ground clearance I instantly had axle issues, 35-45 minutes into riding the left rear snapped so I limped home in 4 wheel drive. I need axles but want to know which one to go with, gorillas,voodoo,and turners are out of my price range at the moment so it's either rhino or cobra. Thanks in advance for your help

· Registered
3,010 Posts
I just bought the rhinos rears only awesome axles no problems yet I think so far there worth it T&S

· Registered
113 Posts
i have cobra rear axles on my 800 full size and they are awesome..they are monsters compared to the stock axles. the boots are real nice and i had them at my house in 3 days. i thought about rhino's but after reading about boot problems i spent the extra cash on the cobras. if i need to replace the fronts i will be putting cobras in the front

· Registered
3,010 Posts
no boot problem yet here T&S I know they are new but I think they upgraded there boots T&S

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like rhino axles are not a possibility as the rears are on back order until possibly the end of April. Wtf! High lifter rears are on back order as well. I have been trying to reach cobra all day today to place the order but haven't had any luck. So basically I could have a stranded expensive toy for quite a while.

· Registered
1,622 Posts
Cobras are on the way hopefully mid week! All I need to do is get some limiting straps ordered and hopefully this won't happen again any time soon. Any idea of what length straps to get?
The only true way to tell the length is to jack it out and measure, get straps an inch or so less than the length that your axles bind. Note that with the new axles you may not have any axles bind. The hot link in my sig is the cheapest place I found straps and they are very nice. Come back and let us now how it works out with the Cobras, I am in the same boat and going with either Rhinos or Cobras in the rear soon.

· Registered
1,622 Posts
Rhinos are on back order until the end of April hope you don't need them anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up about measuring and going 1" shorter.
They are in stock for my 800. I am going to get the ADRs since the rears I need are exactly the same as Rhinos, same part number and all, just cheaper and less warrenty. I just checked the rears for the 900 and the Rhinos and ADRs are showing in stock also. The part numbers on the rear are also the same and I know for a fact that ADRs come in a Rhino box. You may want to check the website again because the front and rears for the 900 show in stock when you put them in your cart.

· Registered
1,622 Posts
I just ordered 2 ADRs (Rhinos with 2 months warrenty) for 102.96 each delivered! They were in stock and I used 2 coupon codes and both worked. First code is RZRFORUM and second one is RETURNINGCUSTOMER. First code got me 10% off and second got another $10 off.

· Registered
1,622 Posts
The rears for 900 are the same part numbers for the Rhino and ADR. I know for a fact that the ADR rears for a 900 also come in a Rhino box. My buddy just got some. The fronts are likely the same regardless if the numbers match. The differance in price is 10 months more warranty on the Rhinos, 2 months vs 12 months.
Text Font Technology Screenshot Software

· Registered
1,622 Posts
My 2 rear ADR axles arrived today. I had my wife send me a picture...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.