PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just getting ready to ship this tomm. The machine had a flat spot between 4200-4500 ran fine above and below. Figure it was the t-bap sensor, clean that several times and now machine has gotten more sluggish , falls on its face and sometimes stalls. After digging around I thought could be fuel pump,pressure regulator or. Filter sock. I replaced the tps a month ago and now a have a 22 code again. Could lack of fuel cause this code to come on? Plan on putting a fuel pressure gauge on tonight.thanks, again

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I am just getting ready to ship this tomm. The machine had a flat spot between 4200-4500 ran fine above and below. Figure it was the t-bap sensor, clean that several times and now machine has gotten more sluggish , falls on its face and sometimes stalls. After digging around I thought could be fuel pump,pressure regulator or. Filter sock. I replaced the tps a month ago and now a have a 22 code again. Could lack of fuel cause this code to come on? Plan on putting a fuel pressure gauge on tonight.thanks, again
Brad, I would say if you replaced the tps and still get a 22 code that you have a harness wire broke/chaffed on the other side of the connection.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the wires, all looked good, drove it for 5 miles over two weeks with no codes at all?? Is there anything that will trip this code besides a internal problem with sensor?

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Wires breaks on your vintage of Ranger can be deceptive and are more common than one would think. More over, they can be difficult to find, I had a similar situation on my 2009 XP. Replaced the T-Bap Harness codes went away then back again. I then replaced the TPS sensor harness along with the TPS . No more code 22. Runs great.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
" I then replaced the TPS sensor harness along with the TPS" Ken, just to clarify , new TPS and a new aftermarket TPS harness ? Also, do you remember what codes you had before the new T-bap harness ? Otbpowersports ?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
If I recall it was code 41. While checking over my wiring at the same time I found the wiring harness going to the CPS sensor harness had worn through where it made contact with the engine block. That code off the top my head was 21,but it is area that needs attention. I taped the worn area and put on a piece of water hose as a shield protection where rubbing of the harness in question occurs. The TPS and TBAP sensor harness's I tied them up so that they don't dangle like they used too from the factory. Wire is so fine it can fatigue and break inside harness. This code thing on the older models can drive you crazy and often don't take you to the source of the real problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts